Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK not selling F on 3-class 777 DXB-CGK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, VS Gold, BA Gold, DAL Platinum

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am booked on EK358 (DXB-CGK) in J as part of a larger itinerary flying 11th October. When booking, the aircraft was a 2-class 777 with no F available, however there has been an equipment swap on this route, and from 26th September it's operated by a 3 class 777. I called EK CS to see what the cost would be of upgrading to F, and was told although there were F seats on the aircraft, they had not been released for sale.

I could maybe understand this if it was 1 day only for operational reasons, but seeing as it seems to be a longer term thing, it seems odd to me. Anyone have any experience/thoughts of why this might be?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:32 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi EdLondon

Welcome to Flyertalk and the EK Forum.

Can you tell us where you were informed that a 3 Class airframe would be operating EK358 from 26th September?

A check on the Emirates website to try and book F tickets for your travel date and random dates from 26/09 does not offer F so EK are not selling F. Checking on Expertflyer (the free version), the seat map only indicates a 2 Class 77W, again for a random date from 26/10 and your travel date.

Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Hi Saltire74

Thanks for the reply. It was an EK phone agent that informed me it was a 3-class airframe operating the flight.

Looking further today, it looks to be for a random set of dates rather than every day. My flight is actually 12th October (leave elsewhere the day before) and that date shows the 3-class seat map on ExpertFlyer (J starting from row 6), but without any actual F seats in the map?! Would add a screenshot but I don't have enough posts yet to do so.

Checked some random other dates too (e.g. 26/9 itself) and it does look to be operating some days in this configuration but not all... Agree with you that I can't get an F fare to price on the EK website, it just seems odd to me that it looks like they have swapped equipment to a 3-class (even if it's not every day) but don't look to be offering the seats for sale.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
EK regularly fly a 3 class plane on this route, but do not sell F. The cabin is left empty. I travel this route a lot and have been told by the EK station manager in CGK that they cannot offer the level of service that EK wants for F class so that is why its not sold. I asked him to explain what he meant by level of service, and he didnt want to elaborate.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks modularmayhe

That's interesting.. I wonder what the reason is. It's quite a revenue opportunity to pass up given they have the seats on the aircraft & obviously EK operate F to cities where sourcing premium services must be a lot tougher than Jakarta. Hopefully it's something they can sort out at some point.

It must be a nice perk for the crew on the flight though, presumably they use the F cabin as their rest area if they can get away with it...
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by EdLondon
Thanks modularmayhe

That's interesting.. I wonder what the reason is. It's quite a revenue opportunity to pass up given they have the seats on the aircraft & obviously EK operate F to cities where sourcing premium services must be a lot tougher than Jakarta. Hopefully it's something they can sort out at some point.

It must be a nice perk for the crew on the flight though, presumably they use the F cabin as their rest area if they can get away with it...
The plane may have a CRC (crew rest compartment) with proper beds/bunks. Where an aircraft doesn't have this and the duration requires a third pilot then a F seat is blocked for their use, so using F (For pilots) is fairly standard
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:10 pm

Good to check the seat map frequently as if overbooked they might open up F Seats with J service.
EdLondon likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks ft101 - good to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.