Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Business Class In Decline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Business Class In Decline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Emirates business class in decline

Well my dear is that it us Not one bad experience but the Trend going forward!

In any case the point that you and others posting on this thread fail to Address (merely ignore) is that the service is no longer compatible with the price one pays for the ticket in that cabin. Particularly buying the ticket in Dubai.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Safifi

In any case the point that you and others posting on this thread fail to Address (merely ignore) is that the service is no longer compatible with the price one pays for the ticket in that cabin. Particularly buying the ticket in Dubai.
Every one pays the premium for different reasons. I have just flown BKK-DXB today and I honestly could not tell you what the service was like. I boarded, waited for take off, grabbed a mattress then went to sleep and woke up as we were about to land. I don't drink onboard anymore and I don't eat the food but to wake up and feel like the flight only lasted 5 minutes meant it was money well spent.
Tanzguy, mjmal51, Metanoia and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You know that taking one experience and then extrapolating that to a general case is not normally classed as valid
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

In any case the point that you and others posting on this thread fail to Address (merely ignore) is that the service is no longer compatible with the price one pays for the ticket in that cabin.
Nobody is ignoring it. It just doesn't tally with what other people experience. Your one bad experience doesn't equal a 'trend'.
mjmal51, Bossarb, Seaforth and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:02 am

I flew the new business class on EK509 just a few days ago. I couldn't see any difference in service from my previous experiences. In fact, I got my choice of meal as I was one of the first to be asked what I wanted (due to Gold, perhaps?).
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 678flyer
I flew the new business class on EK509 just a few days ago. I couldn't see any difference in service from my previous experiences. In fact, I got my choice of meal as I was one of the first to be asked what I wanted (due to Gold, perhaps?).
I've never not had my first choice
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Same here... this isn't BA!
JudeS likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:29 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Was going to make the same comment. I have travelled EK in all three cabins as Blue, Silver and Gold. Always had my first choice of meal.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
I tend to agree with OP. I was flying ZAG-DXB last week, with a pre-ordered AVML meal on my reservation. During meal service, the purser comes around and says they "gave away" my meal to someone else and offered me a pasta and some salads instead. The guy was very apologetic, and tried to make amends but the whole situation was totally unlike Emirates, and annoying because I am a vegetarian and this is one thing I am very particular about when I fly. Luckily it was a 5-6 hour flight, unlike a longer 12-14 hour long haul that I frequently do. It is definitely going down the scales.

Last edited by mannimagus; Aug 17, 2019 at 11:19 am Reason: Grammar fix
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by mannimagus
I tend to agree with OP. I was flying ZAG-DXB last week, with a pre-ordered AVML meal on my reservation. During meal service, the purser comes around and says they "gave away" my meal to someone else and offered me a pasta and some salads instead. The guy was very apologetic, and tried to make amends but the whole situation was totally unlike Emirates, and annoying because I am a vegetarian and this is one thing I am very particular about when I fly. Luckily it was a 5-6 hour flight, unlike a longer 12-14 hour long haul that I frequently do. It is definitely going down the scales.
Based on your observation of one flight? OP mentioned intentionally downgrading meals from 3 courses to a single tray, you're saying your meal was given away. Did the original or alternative meal consist of 3 separate courses? I was a vegetarian most of my life and used to always order special meals, but because of that have also paid attention to vegetarian options available on regular menus and in J in EK there is often a vegetarian option available or a meal that can be easily made vegetarian
nancypants and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I agree with OP that EK should offer the same service levels on all flights - at least technically especially if advertised so.

On the other hand, I fairly understand that a hop DXB to DMM won’t/ can’t have the same service level like a DXB to LHR/ LAX.

Out if my curiosity, is there anywhere a disclaimer about a potentially limited service to KWT/ DMM etc?

In any case I was never negatively surprised as the flight time is simply to short to visit the bar or so.

Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Same here... this isn't BA!
😂
i was in BA first and offered the hostie on both legs my first and second choices

she (plural) was mortified but we all know it happens!!
Will08 likes this.

Last edited by nancypants; Aug 17, 2019 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I would say there is not enough consistency in service to determine whether or not it is in decline. You get good flights and bad flights, even different sectors can vary dramatically. Generally, if there is a good purser odds are the crew are going to be pretty good. You get some flights where the crew act like their job is an inconvenience and are still hungover from the night before. On the other hand you get exceptional crews who go out of their way to ensure your comfort.

Having flown nearly every three weeks for the past ten months I have grown to be more sympathetic with the crews. I get bored for them having to endure the same endless conversations.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
If Emirates continue with their dreaded 2-3-2 J class layout then it is declining especially for those poor souls on window and middle seats

But IIRC Emidates did say that they will be returning to 1-2-1 layout for 777x and new a380
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Looks like "gave away" is simply code for someone messed up. It happens ... they were apologetic by your own description (and pasta was probably from F). As you say, this was "totally unlike Emirates", and - you are right - "annoying". So rare occurrence on high expectations. It happens...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.