Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Where to credit an Emirates flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus

My Mother-in-Law is flying London to Singapore (via DXB) on EK this week in paid J. She is not usually a premium traveller and has got no status with any airline but does have about 10,000 Avios in a BAEC account.

I am wondering where she should credit these EK flights given that she is not looking for status (she would be very unlikely to fly enough in premium cabins for that anyway) but just looking for the location where she can make the most of the miles that she would earn.

She is based between London and Singapore if that sways any decisions. I had been thinking that maybe Alaska Airlines FFP would give the most flexibility?

wheretocredit.com lists these as the options for her routing (it would be 15,000 Skywards miles if credited to an EK Skywards account):

Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
AS is probably best. Keep in mind that she won't have access to free WiFi onboard unless she has a skywards number on her booking, if that's a factor for you. Other than that no difference to her experience
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
AS is probably best. Keep in mind that she won't have access to free WiFi onboard unless she has a skywards number on her booking, if that's a factor for you. Other than that no difference to her experience
Could she still get the 2 hour free WiFi that's offered for passengers without skywards account? Or has EK removed that ?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Could she still get the 2 hour free WiFi that's offered for passengers without skywards account? Or has EK removed that ?
It's still there, but only 100mb I think. You soon use that up!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
True, though on balance if someone doesn't want to credit to skywards could still get 2 hours/100mb WiFi as an option
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:01 pm

Its 20mb only. Or there is an option for 2hrs unlimited chat (messenger, FB etc).
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The WiFi is ridiculously slow. I’d credit it to AS, no brained IMO
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:18 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by reigndrop
The WiFi is ridiculously slow. I’d credit it to AS, no brained IMO
On the 77W the WiFi is not that bad. On the A380 is is basically unusable although when I traveled on a brand new one in January it was ok.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh

On the 77W the WiFi is not that bad. On the A380 is is basically unusable although when I traveled on a brand new one in January it was ok.
Indeed, the newer 2 class A380s seem OK. I assume they have the same system as the B777s? The 'older' A380s are terrible.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:40 pm

Indeed, the newer 2 class A380s seem OK. I assume they have the same system as the B777s? The 'older' A380s are terrible.
How does these "old" A380 wifi compare against the BA wifi? I was using the BA wifi on the A380 recently and was actually pretty decent. I mean I am not streaming full hd videos but definitely broadboard like speeds when browsing on websites.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:45 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
How does these "old" A380 wifi compare against the BA wifi? I was using the BA wifi on the A380 recently and was actually pretty decent. I mean I am not streaming full hd videos but definitely broadboard like speeds when browsing on websites.
I have never used WiFi on BA, so I can’t offer a comparison. But as I mentioned upthread on the older A380’s it is basically unusable. Forget browsing websites.
DYKWIA, Will08 and AceCobra1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.