Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Award seats availability on round trip vs one way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Why are some award flights available when booking round trip but not when booking one way? We are flying DXB to BKK, then DPS to DXB. When I do the round trip, business class is available but when I try to book it one way, it’s not.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Kamani Vorachack Richter
Why are some award flights available when booking round trip but not when booking one way? We are flying DXB to BKK, then DPS to DXB. When I do the round trip, business class is available but when I try to book it one way, it’s not.
Saver awards can only be booked as round trips
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:50 am
Original Poster

They are for business flex.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Kamani Vorachack Richter
They are for business flex.
This would indicate otherwise:

Saver rewards offer you exceptional value when you travel during lower demand periods or when you are willing to choose alternate flights to reach your destination. They are offered on a return basis only, in all classes of travel.
Source: https://www.emirates.com/english/sky...s-rewards.aspx
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:51 am
Original Poster

I would love to get the saver fare but it’s not available. My question is not about the saver fares though
I am using skyward points to buy business flex which are available on both legs when I book round trip but not when I book separately. The reason why I would like to book separately is because I rather pay cash for the outbound.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:25 am

Provide your dates and flight numbers and someone may be able to make sense of it.

It could be that one way trips may book into I class or above, and Flex Rewards come from O Class.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:45 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
Provide your dates and flight numbers and someone may be able to make sense of it.

It could be that one way trips may book into I class or above, and Flex Rewards come from O Class.
Surely all award tickets book into D bucket? I is Flex, O is Saver.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Surely all award tickets book into D bucket? I is Flex, O is Saver.
No, only Saver awards are D according to EF.

Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
No, only Saver awards are D according to EF.

Interesting that Flex is O which is revenue Saver (and revenue Saver is I think also not available on-way). Maybe a computer glitch mixing up the revenue rules with award rules?
thijsseh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.