Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding by bus in DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Boarding by bus in DXB

I had the longest possible bus ride in DXB on Friday from concourse B for my flight to TUN. Bus boarding in DXB is my sore point with EK. It always goes very slowly (flight is usually then about 30 minutes late), and they always want F to wait until the last possible moment.

I wonder if there are certain destinations that more frequently get a bus gate, or it if it just a crap shoot when on a 777.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It's not just B777. A380's are also remote boarding.

A lot depends on the time of day. I can't remember the last time I got a bus gate, but it must be over 10 years ago. I generally arrive at quieter times when gates are available.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JTXC
I had the longest possible bus ride in DXB on Friday from concourse B for my flight to TUN. Bus boarding in DXB is my sore point with EK. It always goes very slowly (flight is usually then about 30 minutes late), and they always want F to wait until the last possible moment.

I wonder if there are certain destinations that more frequently get a bus gate, or it if it just a crap shoot when on a 777.
I feel your pain, I flew in and out of TUN quite a lot last year, all but one flight was a remote stand!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

100% bus for me for gva dxb and hnd dxb
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:48 am

There is one scenario which is worse than the 30 min bus ride - plane on jetbridge at the far southern end of A, and your next flight departing from C1...
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
There is one scenario which is worse than the 30 min bus ride - plane on jetbridge at the far southern end of A, and your next flight departing from C1...
How about bus ride + C1. Even worse if one takes the wrong bus. Or bus ride + airside transit to D. Or even worse park on the T2 side, bus ride then bus back to T2 for an FZ connection
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
How about bus ride + C1. Even worse if one takes the wrong bus. Or bus ride + airside transit to D. Or even worse park on the T2 side, bus ride then bus back to T2 for an FZ connection
It's more the walking, I don't mind the bus too much as the drop off points airside aren't in too inconvient locations but an A -> C1 has the longest walk!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Regional flights seem to get the majority of bus gates such as those from the GCC and India.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I have had a bus to DOH, CMB, AMM (ages ago), and now TUN.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Bus to MCT during the Eid break.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:29 pm

I have had a bus to DOH, CMB, AMM (ages ago), and now TUN.
Those are long drives
thijsseh and Bouncingsouls like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:21 am

Can you tell from the gate number, if it likely to be boarding by bus?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:26 am

Then there's the 20 minutes standing inside the bus parked by the aircraft waiting for the cleaners to finish preparing the plane.

Those are long drives
One of my bus rides for a BAH flight took nearly as long as the flight.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Yachtman
Regional flights seem to get the majority of bus gates such as those from the GCC and India.
A friend had to disembark from an A380 by bus after the ~16 hour flight from AKL once. That would have been fun!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by OtardXO
Can you tell from the gate number, if it likely to be boarding by bus?
yes with experience. The lowest and highest gates at A and B, (1-4, 28-32 or so), and at C the little extra wing (C38-48 or something)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.