Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK/QF Codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
EK/QF Codeshares

Hi All,

Does anyone know if a definitive list of QF codeshares is printed somewhere?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:53 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I don't think a full list exists somewhere but easy enough to figure out with flight numbers; they have constant prefixes. What are you looking for?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
If you are thinking of booking codeshare flights it is much more expensive to book with QF than with EK - nearly double for the flights that I have booked recently !
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by JudeS
If you are thinking of booking codeshare flights it is much more expensive to book with QF than with EK - nearly double for the flights that I have booked recently !
Which route were you trying to book? I've usually found the fares to be within ~$50 of each other or exactly the same.

Last edited by ps107; Jun 17, 2019 at 11:29 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by JudeS
It must be variable - I met up in DXB recently with a mate who'd travelled from BKK and was heading to EDI. All on EK metal but a QF ticket purely due to it being cheaper there.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
LGW/BNE/NTL return - LGW/DXB/BNE on EK metal, BNE /NTL Qantaslink (EK codeshare) booked with EK circa £3.5k in J, same flights with QF £6k!! This last booking is for October/November but the situation was the same for my last trip in December/January.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:54 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Tread carefully! You can really impact your mile earning potential if you are Botha. QF and EK traveller. The partnership is quite complex compared to other alliances.

As a general rule of thumb, Codeshare is available on flights ex-AU that connect in Dubai, Singapore and Perth and on domestic AU/tasman legs that are part of an itinerary that meets the preceding criteria.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
As a general rule of thumb, Codeshare is available on flights ex-AU that connect in Dubai, Singapore and Perth and on domestic AU/tasman legs that are part of an itinerary that meets the preceding criteria.
Yes, looks like the ex BKK codeshare has gone now that EK418/419 (DXB-BKK-SYD-CHC) has been discontinued.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ft101
Yes, looks like the ex BKK codeshare has gone now that EK418/419 (DXB-BKK-SYD-CHC) has been discontinued.
EK412 still fly's SYD CHC SYD. I have flown that as a QF codeshare
https://www.emirates.com/english/boo...o-christchurch
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
EK412 still fly's SYD CHC SYD. I have flown that as a QF codeshare
https://www.emirates.com/english/boo...o-christchurch
Yes, but no good for BKK where there were previously the codeshare flights discussed. I've used EK418/9 a couple of times to Aus/NZ (when it went to AKL) and a holiday in Thailand en route helps considerably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.