Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: extramileage
From around the 10th of June 2019 it has been observed that Emirates is marketing a new fare brand "Business Special". The introduction of a new fare bucket on the GDS with identifier "H" was first observed by m3red several weeks prior, speculation was that this might relate to Premium Economy. This fare bucket appears, however, to be intended for deep discount Business Class.

Restrictions:
- no chauffeur drive
- "restricted" seat selection (per website: "Complimentary for all passengers choosing a seat after check-in opens. Emirates Skywards Platinum members can select a seat any time")
- no lounge access
- no ability at all to upgrade with miles

Skywards:
- Earns at the same rates as Y Flex Plus
- Cannot redeem miles to book this fare brand
- Cannot upgrade with miles from J Special to F in any circumstances
Print Wikipost

New Business Class Fare Bucket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
Noticed the new Business Special fares on UK to Far East flights today. £50 less than the Saver fares in one direction. A taxi to the airport would be £50 plus for me so unlikely I'll use them at that price difference.
MAN - BKK is as you have quoted, 50 quid less for the special. So as already stated, no lounge (if no status), No CD, seat selection only from check in and one that I don't think has been mentioned... a change fee of 500 quid!!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Can anyone confirm you still get lounge access in DXB and the returning lounge if you are Gold with these special fares? Not too bothered with the limo as my company picks up the taxi anyway but do think their lounges are better than the credit card ones. I just checked for my next trip to FRA and it's AED2,000 less than saver and I know our company travel agent will book the lowest fare.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by JTPictureman
Can anyone confirm you still get lounge access in DXB and the returning lounge if you are Gold with these special fares? Not too bothered with the limo as my company picks up the taxi anyway but do think their lounges are better than the credit card ones. I just checked for my next trip to FRA and it's AED2,000 less than saver and I know our company travel agent will book the lowest fare.
the information is readily available on the emirates web site if you look at the benefits offered with gold status

Complimentary lounge access for you and one guest in all Emirates Business Class lounges in Dubai and worldwide
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll
the information is readily available on the emirates web site if you look at the benefits offered with gold status

Complimentary lounge access for you and one guest in all Emirates Business Class lounges in Dubai and worldwide
I was hoping that was the case but just wanted to confirm.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
If your outbound flight is on O and your return is in H, will you get the normal bells in whistles on the way out or is your entire itinerary affected?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jules1651
If your outbound flight is on O and your return is in H, will you get the normal bells in whistles on the way out or is your entire itinerary affected?
You get the benefits for each leg of the fare you're booked in on that leg
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: miles and more
Lounge Acess IS IMPORTANt

Originally Posted by coveyducks
It seems to me that the airlines don't want the business of the leisure traveler. My wife and I like to travel; in business class when we go on long haul holidays. We stopped using BA because we could no longer book our seats and I guess we will now no longer use Emirates for the same reason. We plan our holidays well in advance and like the comfort of knowing we will be in our prefered seats.
Being leisure travelers we do not get the chance to build the miles to obtain seat booking and lounge access that the business traveler gets and then uses for their private travel.
I suppose it all depends on how much more expensive the "with frills" seats are!
I absolutely agree..I hate BA for charging for seat Assignment and I am going to stop flying them via LHR to India..Now I have to switch to Qatar,even though I prefer a Dubai stop..
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jayagopal50
I absolutely agree..I hate BA for charging for seat Assignment and I am going to stop flying them via LHR to India..Now I have to switch to Qatar,even though I prefer a Dubai stop..
You do not have to switch - you can look at the total price of fare including seat assignment and see whether it is better value than another carrier. Does it matter that BA charges if the fare including seat assignments still makes that route the better value.
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You do not have to switch - you can look at the total price of fare including seat assignment and see whether it is better value than another carrier. Does it matter that BA charges if the fare including seat assignments still makes that route the better value.
Exactly we are in the same position as the poster however as our status is low but as Dave Noble says we take the total cost into account..

Last edited by argonath; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:34 am Reason: bad grammar
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:35 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Ant chance of getting back on-topic?
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
USA's been hit by this...

I found H fares from IAH, DFW, MCO, and FLL to HYD. West coast has been spared, so far... at least for my travel dates. I often look at other low-demand gateways that might save me $2-3k if I position there before heading to Dubai.

They're about $150 less than the O fares. The arranged chauffeur drive in HYD is worth its weight in gold with how seamless it is, so I will definitely not be choosing H fares. Unfortunately, my company TA website shows H fares... and doesn't allow upfaring Have to call in to upfare to O.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.