Emirates connecting destinations

Old May 24, 19, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Smile Emirates connecting destinations

Does anyone know some stopover destinations EK use? Obviously, DXB and SYD are a few but does anyone know some others? If you do list them here, it would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 24, 19, 2:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I don't understand what you are asking here?
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 24, 19, 2:21 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I don't understand what you are asking here?
i’m guessing he’s on about 5th freedom routes and the connection points for such?

If so, DPS, MXP, BKK, probably a few others

note this is Lucas so incorrect answers will be rewarded with a telling off, correct answers will receive a further barrage of questions

OP have you been banned from the QF forum or just moved on?
Old May 24, 19, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Dear DYKWIA,
That's alright! I can tell you. A connecting flight is when an ultra long haul flight has to make a stop (or several stops) in between its journey, so the aircraft doesn't run out of fuel. EK has a very large network based out of DXB, but its aircraft aren't capable enough of flying to very far destinations. That's why they have small hubs in each continent in which the flight is en route to can go to for a fuel stop. Do you now know? If you don't that's OK because I can explain it to you very precisely and gently. Here are some examples to start you off:

Sydney, Australia
Conakry, Guinea
Bali, Indonesia
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
lucas.zhu
m3red and pierreza like this.
Old May 24, 19, 3:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lucas.zhu View Post
Dear DYKWIA,
That's alright! I can tell you. A connecting flight is when an ultra long haul flight has to make a stop (or several stops) in between its journey, so the aircraft doesn't run out of fuel. EK has a very large network based out of DXB, but its aircraft aren't capable enough of flying to very far destinations. That's why they have small hubs in each continent in which the flight is en route to can go to for a fuel stop. Do you now know? If you don't that's OK because I can explain it to you very precisely and gently. Here are some examples to start you off:

Sydney, Australia
Conakry, Guinea
Bali, Indonesia
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
lucas.zhu
Dear Lucas,

So very nice of you to join us here in the EK forum. I'm very happy to chat to you about this lovely topic. Unfortunately you got a teeny weeny bit mixed up with your information. Emirates do stop in DPS, as well as SYD and BKK, amongst others, but this isn't because of performance or fuel restrictions. The DPS stop is enroute to AKL, a city they also fly to non-stop. And they've reduced a lot of stops in BKKs.

As it is, and I totally get that you may not have known this, the term connecting flight poorly describes this situation. The precise term would be a 1-stop direct flight, or alternatively you could ask where EK operates fifth freedom flights from, as nancypants kindly explained. Don't worry, many people don't know these terms and it's totally ok.

Here are a few, but do note that EK (that stands for Emirates) doesn't have pick-up rights in all, this means you can't book a ticket on the short hop from some of these onwards. The list might also not be 100% accurate anymore as things change often, do please forgive any inaccuracies:

- CRK
- BKK
- DPS
- SYD
- HAN
- LUN
- GRU
- GIG
- MXP
- ATH
m3red, Will08, XXTSGR and 6 others like this.

Last edited by skywardhunter; May 24, 19 at 4:06 am
Old May 24, 19, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Dear skywardhunter,
Thank you for the very nice compliment! I look forward to talking about EK on this thread! I am also very happy too!
P.S. You know, if you went on to the EK route map, it would show you all the stopovers Emirates use.

From
lucas.zhu
Old May 24, 19, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Also CKY is used too on most of its African routes departing to Abidjan, Dakar, etc.
Old May 24, 19, 10:16 pm

I think it's currently Abidjan and Accra, not Conakry.
Old May 25, 19, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Oh yes, you're right.
Old May 25, 19, 2:28 am

Does anyone know some stopover destinations EK use? Obviously, DXB and SYD are a few but does anyone know some others? If you do list them here, it would be greatly appreciated!
You know, if you went on to the EK route map, it would show you all the stopovers Emirates use.
eminere, zara, BadoRas and 7 others like this.
Old May 27, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
This thread has very quickly become far more entertaining than one could have imagined
Not least because of this rather .... ahem ..... novel (and of course wholly misguided) definition / example of a ‘connecting flight’.

Dear DYKWIA,
That's alright! I can tell you. A connecting flight is when an ultra long haul flight has to make a stop (or several stops) in between its journey, so the aircraft doesn't run out of fuel. EK has a very large network based out of DXB, but its aircraft aren't capable enough of flying to very far destinations. .............................
lucas.zhu
nancypants and thijsseh like this.
Old May 28, 19, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
This thread has very quickly become far more entertaining than one could have imagined
Not least because of this rather .... ahem ..... novel (and of course wholly misguided) definition / example of a ‘connecting flight’.

Thank you!!!
Old May 28, 19, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
I think it's currently Abidjan and Accra, not Conakry.
That is correct. The aircraft flies DXB-ACC-ABJ-ACC-DXB. I am booked on the ACC-DXB-ACC portions of this route in September.
Old May 30, 19, 12:38 am

Programs: LH SEN; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D
LCA en route to/from MLA

Search this Thread