Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Blocked seats on 777 in first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold

The wife and I are flying from EWR -DXB-MLE in mid November
According to expertflyer many dates have 1A and 1E blocked leaving only 6 seats instead of 8. We are booked in IK and 2K.
Is there a chance that the new 777 will fly that the EWR-DXB route or is the blocking of two seats in first a normal occurrence????
Old May 30, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Moflav
According to expertflyer many dates have 1A and 1E blocked leaving only 6 seats instead of 8. We are booked in IK and 2K.
Is there a chance that the new 777 will fly that the EWR-DXB route or is the blocking of two seats in first a normal occurrence????
always a chance but not confirmed unless new seat map is showing and even this is subject to change for operational reasons
Old May 30, 2019, 6:51 am

One is blocked for UM and another might be crew rest of there is no CRC onboard
Old May 30, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
This are almost always blocked, and seem to become unblocked later, sometimes as late as check-in. I have once been in the lounge in DXB and checked on a whim if 1A was free, and was able to switch.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:30 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
One is blocked for UM and another might be crew rest of there is no CRC onboard
When used as a crew rest (usually 1K), the seat is not shown as ‘blocked’ (blue with white cross) on Expert Flyer but is completely absent there. The seat map can be viewed with a free subscription. 1A is sometimes blocked for UM. E or F seats (row 1) are bassinet seats and can also be blocked. All of this seems inconsistent at times.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
If you want 1A and 1E, call EK and ask - they might be able to allocate them to you. Though, IMHO, 1 and 2 K are a good choice on the 777.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Thank you one and all for the responses!
We enjoy the window so for now 1 and 2K are golden. Any differences 1K vs 2K??

This will be our first time on EK and can't wait to try out the suites, service, food and wine (and a good bourbon - after all we are from Kentucky!)

And I will frequently check the seat map to see if 8 seats go to six seats

BTW, we are staying at the new WA in the Maldives so we will report back on the experience.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:03 am

Thank you one and all for the responses!
We enjoy the window so for now 1 and 2K are golden. Any differences 1K vs 2K??

This will be our first time on EK and can't wait to try out the suites, service, food and wine (and a good bourbon - after all we are from Kentucky!)

And I will frequently check the seat map to see if 8 seats go to six seats

BTW, we are staying at the new WA in the Maldives so we will report back on the experience.
2K can be a bit more spacious, just because 1K has more curvature from the fuselage. Also there's some issue with the flower holder showing a reflection of the neighbouring seat I believe, but it's super minor
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Also there's some issue with the flower holder showing a reflection of the neighbouring seat
😂😂😂 I've never ever noticed that - but thanks for pointing it out - the "spy seat" 😂😂😂

You could always shut the door to prevent any disturbance...
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

😂😂😂 I've never ever noticed that - but thanks for pointing it out - the "spy seat" 😂😂😂

You could always shut the door to prevent any disturbance...
Not sure of the angle but might go over the door... the same occurs in 23A/K on the A380 in J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.