Fast track

Old May 7, 19, 5:31 pm
RB
Original Poster

Programs: QF NB
Fast track

Last year I flew into DXB in business and managed to hold onto my fast track pass. Iím flying through DXB in Y with no status this weekend. Are the fast track passes still in use so that I can use the fast track channel during my transit?
Old May 7, 19, 5:50 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Yes..
Old May 7, 19, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Zol View Post
Yes..
Not exactly. Fast Track status is now printed on the BP and the passes are no longer handed out. Whether they are still accepted (old ones that is) probably depends on who's checking, I don't have any recent experience on whether they are. However for security they rarely make much of a difference
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 8, 19, 4:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, EI Elite, BA Silver
I can confirm fast track passes are still able to be used. I gave one to a friend who was flying Y and he used it without any problem. Although he said it made very little difference as there was no queue for any of the immigration lines
Old May 8, 19, 4:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Is there actually a FastTrack at transit security? It's been very quiet the few times I've used transit, but I didn't notice any FastTrack.
Old May 8, 19, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Is there actually a FastTrack at transit security? It's been very quiet the few times I've used transit, but I didn't notice any FastTrack.
Yes and there always has been
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 8, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: Bonvoyed Platinum, AS MVPG. EK Gold, AMEX MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by modularmayhem View Post
I can confirm fast track passes are still able to be used. I gave one to a friend who was flying Y and he used it without any problem. Although he said it made very little difference as there was no queue for any of the immigration lines
I have a stack of these I used to hand out to people randomly in Y (especially transit passengers) since I use smartgates. I can't even remember the last time I used transit security at DXB, I always leave the airport on arrival. Guess my gifts are worthless now
Old May 8, 19, 11:04 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
It is worth taking a screen shot of a flight where you were in business/first for use later on when travelling in Y.

In Dubai, for both for customs and transit a quick glance of what they think to be your boarding pass with a blue background and business class showing at the top and will be enough for them to allow you through.

This can also be used in BKK, where sometimes, there are no fast track passes on board and so a member of staff waits to hand them out as you exit the gate. Again they do not have time to check everyones boarding pass, they are just looking for the words first/business to handover the fast track card.
Zol and m3red like this.
Old May 8, 19, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
This can also be used in BKK, where sometimes, there are no fast track passes on board and so a member of staff waits to hand them out as you exit the gate. Again they do not have time to check everyones boarding pass, they are just looking for the words first/business to handover the fast track card.
Don't bet on it. I got chased for showing them an old J Boarding Pass a couple of months ago. They noticed the date was wrong.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 12:59 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Don't bet on it. I got chased for showing them an old J Boarding Pass a couple of months ago. They noticed the date was wrong.
Absolutely, they've changed them into the blue portrait versions versus the old gold landscape FT. Not only that on my past three visits the IO has asked for my flight ticket.Seems like they are tightening up the procedures.

Search this Thread