FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Fast track (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1968680-fast-track.html)

RB May 7, 2019 5:31 pm

Fast track

Last year I flew into DXB in business and managed to hold onto my fast track pass. I’m flying through DXB in Y with no status this weekend. Are the fast track passes still in use so that I can use the fast track channel during my transit?

Zol May 7, 2019 5:50 pm

Yes..

skywardhunter May 7, 2019 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 31077614)
Yes..

Not exactly. Fast Track status is now printed on the BP and the passes are no longer handed out. Whether they are still accepted (old ones that is) probably depends on who's checking, I don't have any recent experience on whether they are. However for security they rarely make much of a difference

modularmayhem May 8, 2019 4:01 am

I can confirm fast track passes are still able to be used. I gave one to a friend who was flying Y and he used it without any problem. Although he said it made very little difference as there was no queue for any of the immigration lines

DYKWIA May 8, 2019 4:19 am

Is there actually a FastTrack at transit security? It's been very quiet the few times I've used transit, but I didn't notice any FastTrack.

skywardhunter May 8, 2019 4:49 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31078795)
Is there actually a FastTrack at transit security? It's been very quiet the few times I've used transit, but I didn't notice any FastTrack.

Yes and there always has been

Metanoia May 8, 2019 10:48 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem (Post 31078771)
I can confirm fast track passes are still able to be used. I gave one to a friend who was flying Y and he used it without any problem. Although he said it made very little difference as there was no queue for any of the immigration lines

I have a stack of these I used to hand out to people randomly in Y (especially transit passengers) since I use smartgates. I can't even remember the last time I used transit security at DXB, I always leave the airport on arrival. Guess my gifts are worthless now :)

Will08 May 8, 2019 11:04 am

It is worth taking a screen shot of a flight where you were in business/first for use later on when travelling in Y.

In Dubai, for both for customs and transit a quick glance of what they think to be your boarding pass with a blue background and business class showing at the top and will be enough for them to allow you through.

This can also be used in BKK, where sometimes, there are no fast track passes on board and so a member of staff waits to hand them out as you exit the gate. Again they do not have time to check everyones boarding pass, they are just looking for the words first/business to handover the fast track card.

ft101 May 8, 2019 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Will08 (Post 31080047)
This can also be used in BKK, where sometimes, there are no fast track passes on board and so a member of staff waits to hand them out as you exit the gate. Again they do not have time to check everyones boarding pass, they are just looking for the words first/business to handover the fast track card.

Don't bet on it. I got chased for showing them an old J Boarding Pass a couple of months ago. They noticed the date was wrong.

chelseastu May 14, 2019 12:59 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 31081936)
Don't bet on it. I got chased for showing them an old J Boarding Pass a couple of months ago. They noticed the date was wrong.

Absolutely, they've changed them into the blue portrait versions versus the old gold landscape FT. Not only that on my past three visits the IO has asked for my flight ticket.Seems like they are tightening up the procedures.