S ticket baggage query

Old Apr 15, 19, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Flying Blue, Skywards
Question S ticket baggage query

So I am flying out in September with my mother to DXB and will be on an S ticket that I won through my company, which is associated with Emirates, and while securing the ticket via Emirates head office they never told me of my baggage allowance. This is due to the flight booking not being ticketed as of yet as the taxes I pay arent due until 3 months prior to the flight happening.

Has anyone flown on an S ticket before and know anything? Ive tried asking my manager and speaking to the Emirates staff at my airport base, but no one seems to know or won't tell me. Many thanks.
Old Apr 15, 19, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Never heard of an "S ticket". What cabin class is it? In Economy you'll pretty much have 2x bags of 23 kg ex Africa or North America, or 32kg of luggage (no restriction on number of bags) our of other markets. I believe special tickets are just 1 bag on piece concept routes, not sure about weight concept routes.
Old Apr 15, 19, 4:03 am

32kg doesn't exist on economy tickets I buy ex UK. Could be as low as 15.
Old Apr 15, 19, 5:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
32kg doesn't exist on economy tickets I buy ex UK. Could be as low as 15.
35kg on Flex Plus, 30kg on Flex.

https://www.emirates.com/english/bef...d-baggage.aspx
Old Apr 15, 19, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Yes, just wanted to make sure the poster knew the potential downside if his ticket is classed as Special.
Old Apr 16, 19, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Flying Blue, Skywards
Its economy class. I basically got the ticket as a prize from my employer, our company is linked to Emirates. They've said that I don't pay the taxes on tickets until 3 months prior to the trip. They confirmed the ticket and the ticket type it'll be. But mentions nothing in system of what the baggage would be. I was thinking it may be either 15 or 25 as I do the Emirates Check In as my job.But yeah, they've really left me out the loop in terms of info for it
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Can't you ask them?

Not much of a prize if you still have to pay taxes and surcharges.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 16, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Can't you ask them?

Not much of a prize if you still have to pay taxes and surcharges.
Hey ho, I know people on this forum who are delighted to get 40% off base fares from their medical insurance programme . So 100% off base fare seems a nice prize. Plus the OP gets the taxes and surcharge paid as long as he claims the ticket at least 3 months before departure (at least thatís how I interpret it). Not that shabby.....
Old Apr 16, 19, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post

Hey ho, I know people on this forum who are delighted to get 40% off base fares from their medical insurance programme . So 100% off base fare seems a nice prize. Plus the OP gets the taxes and surcharge paid as long as he claims the ticket at least 3 months before departure (at least thatís how I interpret it). Not that shabby.....
It's actually from my bank
​​​​​​
of course it's nice, but if it's a prize that results in an unsolicited trip that would not have otherwise be taken, and comes with costs, then how great a prize is it?

I understood it that the OP pays taxes and fees, but the physical payment isn't required until 3 months prior to departure

Search this Thread