Wiki Posts
Search

Flex upgrade availability?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Flex upgrade availability?

What is the flex upgrade availability? Reason being: It's the only factor for me when choosing to pick saver over flex after saving so many skyward points.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Average at best. Upgrade availability is the same across fares but Saver can't be upgraded until OLCI
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:32 am

Depends on the route. I've got one regular sector where upgrades always seem to be available, whereas on others it's hit or miss.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Sometimes there's an icon to say upgrades available but not guaranteed, does that mean it will be available straight after booking, factoring in enough points of course
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:13 am

Yes..
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:28 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Miles upgrade availability does not factor in your fare band. The only limitation as SH indicated if you are on a saver fare then you can't do it till OLCI
thijsseh, m3red and skywardhunter like this.

Last edited by Zol; Mar 27, 2019 at 6:38 pm Reason: skywardhunter not happy with the short form
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zol
Miles upgrade availability does not factor in your fare band. The only limitation as SH indicated if you are on a saver fare then you can't do it till OLCI
Thanks, took the upgrade for 2x pax whilst the icon was showing
I wanted to book another 2x flex eco straight after but the icon was missing, what are the chances of being available to upgrade with points again? The other person who is doing the booking is silver too if that makes any difference.
I checked seatguru and it looks pretty empty
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Thanks, took the upgrade for 2x pax whilst the icon was showing
I wanted to book another 2x flex eco straight after but the icon was missing, what are the chances of being available to upgrade with points again? The other person who is doing the booking is silver too if that makes any difference.
I checked seatguru and it looks pretty empty
Hard to say but for now it's unlikely to open up again, at a later point it might, EK will happily fly an empty J cabin even if there are pax wanting to upgrade with miles
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Hard to say but for now it's unlikely to open up again, at a later point it might, EK will happily fly an empty J cabin even if there are pax wanting to upgrade with miles
I know eekk.. (no pun intended)....ideally as i saved up so many miles i would like the family to stay together but have two options, buy the eco flex and wait it out... or let the other 2x travel via a different time
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
I know eekk.. (no pun intended)....ideally as i saved up so many miles i would like the family to stay together but have two options, buy the eco flex and wait it out... or let the other 2x travel via a different time
You can upgrade at airport or onboard if there are any seats available, no need for special availability, but you pay the full upgrade cost for each segment not the lower through-upgrade cost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.