FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Flex upgrade availability? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1962650-flex-upgrade-availability.html)

redeternet7 Mar 26, 2019 10:29 am

Flex upgrade availability?

What is the flex upgrade availability? Reason being: It's the only factor for me when choosing to pick saver over flex after saving so many skyward points.

skywardhunter Mar 26, 2019 10:37 am

Average at best. Upgrade availability is the same across fares but Saver can't be upgraded until OLCI

ft101 Mar 27, 2019 1:32 am

Depends on the route. I've got one regular sector where upgrades always seem to be available, whereas on others it's hit or miss.

redeternet7 Mar 27, 2019 1:56 am

Sometimes there's an icon to say upgrades available but not guaranteed, does that mean it will be available straight after booking, factoring in enough points of course

ft101 Mar 27, 2019 3:13 am

Yes..

Zol Mar 27, 2019 6:28 pm

Miles upgrade availability does not factor in your fare band. The only limitation as SH indicated if you are on a saver fare then you can't do it till OLCI

redeternet7 Mar 30, 2019 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 30937352)
Miles upgrade availability does not factor in your fare band. The only limitation as SH indicated if you are on a saver fare then you can't do it till OLCI

Thanks, took the upgrade for 2x pax whilst the icon was showing
I wanted to book another 2x flex eco straight after but the icon was missing, what are the chances of being available to upgrade with points again? The other person who is doing the booking is silver too if that makes any difference.
I checked seatguru and it looks pretty empty

skywardhunter Mar 30, 2019 2:01 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7 (Post 30945185)
Thanks, took the upgrade for 2x pax whilst the icon was showing
I wanted to book another 2x flex eco straight after but the icon was missing, what are the chances of being available to upgrade with points again? The other person who is doing the booking is silver too if that makes any difference.
I checked seatguru and it looks pretty empty

Hard to say but for now it's unlikely to open up again, at a later point it might, EK will happily fly an empty J cabin even if there are pax wanting to upgrade with miles

redeternet7 Mar 30, 2019 2:16 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 30945317)
Hard to say but for now it's unlikely to open up again, at a later point it might, EK will happily fly an empty J cabin even if there are pax wanting to upgrade with miles

I know eekk.. (no pun intended)....ideally as i saved up so many miles i would like the family to stay together but have two options, buy the eco flex and wait it out... or let the other 2x travel via a different time

skywardhunter Mar 30, 2019 2:32 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7 (Post 30945334)
I know eekk.. (no pun intended)....ideally as i saved up so many miles i would like the family to stay together but have two options, buy the eco flex and wait it out... or let the other 2x travel via a different time

You can upgrade at airport or onboard if there are any seats available, no need for special availability, but you pay the full upgrade cost for each segment not the lower through-upgrade cost