Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Upgrading using points from Business to First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading using points from Business to First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes, at the airport/check-in it no longer depends on Z availability but is on the basis of space being available
i can tell you don’t do this often - increasingly it’s not space available it’s done last minute at the gate
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
They start a waitlist on the day of departure. Any point at the airport you can join the list, then as the flight closes (exactly 1 hour before departure) they process the list, giving priority in the same order as op-ups.
m3red likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by m3red

i can tell you don’t do this often - increasingly it’s not space available it’s done last minute at the gate
​​​​​​At the gate...based on the space that is available?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Can it be done at the lounge? I was planning to use OLCI and I’m flying Delta into T4 at JFK. So was hoping to avoid going to check-in desk as that would subsequently force me to go through security again.
It can be done in the lounge
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:44 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
An EK telephone agent told me last week that a Saver Business Ticket can only be upgraded to First (using points) at the airport, not before. True or False?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:01 pm

Question on 1st Class Points upgrade

Just booked a points business reservation for three of us MLE-DXB-LAX. One person on one reservation and two on another. I see an immediate upgrade on the single reservation for the MLE-DXB leg to 1st for 24K Miles. What are the chances 1 or 2 more open up? More likely to happen in under 30 days? 72 hours? Day of flight?

Thanks
TD
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NoY
An EK telephone agent told me last week that a Saver Business Ticket can only be upgraded to First (using points) at the airport, not before. True or False?
False (unless something has changed very recently).
Tanzguy and yyzlhr like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:21 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
False (unless something has changed very recently).
I didn't book the ticket - based on this call - I booked EY instead ...be interested to confirm 100% if thats the case or there has been a change!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I didn't book the ticket - based on this call - I booked EY instead ...be interested to confirm 100% if thats the case or there has been a change!
Indeed.. I did it as recently as December.

I assume they got confused with Economy Savers - these can now only be upgraded at the airport.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:12 am

Indeed.. I did it as recently as December.

I assume they got confused with Economy Savers - these can now only be upgraded at the airport.
Not "now". Been that way for ages
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not "now". Been that way for ages
Eh? These can be upgraded from when check in opens at t - 48 hours.

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...ed-on-emirates
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Eh? These can be upgraded from when check in opens at t - 48 hours.

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...ed-on-emirates
Yes, sorry. You are correct.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by NoY
i have saver Biz DXB-SYD this week and its avail to upgrade from manage booking . Only ECON Saver must be done at checkin for a Y-J

Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:21 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by yyzlhr

i have saver Biz DXB-SYD this week and its avail to upgrade from manage booking . Only ECON Saver must be done at checkin for a Y-J

Thanks for confirming - that'll teach me not to believe everything EK's phone agents tell me. On the other hand I am quite looking forward to an easy drive to AUH (versus the drive to DXB) & to trying EY's long-haul service after a 2-3 years away from them @:-)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:01 pm

Boeing 777-300ER - How many seats for points upgrade?

Is there any sort of “normal” when it comes to EK releasing business to first points upgrades?

I have two reservations for our family of 3 more than 30 days out. We booked business class on points. Immediately the single person reservation shows an offer to upgrade to first for 24K Points. The other reservation for 2 has no upgrade offer

if I take the single upgrade offer now, what if the likelihood more seats will become available before the day of the flight? Any idea how many?

Thanks for any info.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.