Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling the return leg

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Cancelling the return leg

Hi everyone, normally a *A flyer but EK seem to be best for a flight I want and have a question

I want to book a LIS-WLG flight one way but the J fare is 4200 Euro

If I book a return with LIS-WLG flexi saver (2200 euro) and WLG LIS flex plus, (4300) can I cancel and get a full refund when Im in WLG (home)? Or is it only refundable before the journey has started? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Hector
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If the fares permit refunds, then the refund will be the difference between the fare paid and the one way fare - you cannot circumvent the one way fare by getting a return ticket and cancelling

If you want a cheap ticket, perhaps try another airline

There seem to be fares with China Airways at €2267 , Turkish and Singapoe at €3100 to WLG

To Auckland there are fares starting at €2036 with Thai and €2408 with Cathay Pacific - a flight from AKL-WLG will not cost very much

Last edited by Dave Noble; Dec 8, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Hector99
Hi everyone, normally a *A flyer but EK seem to be best for a flight I want and have a question

I want to book a LIS-WLG flight one way but the J fare is 4200 Euro

If I book a return with LIS-WLG flexi saver (2200 euro) and WLG LIS flex plus, (4300) can I cancel and get a full refund when Im in WLG (home)? Or is it only refundable before the journey has started? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Hector
You could try booking LIS-WLG in J and WLG-LIS in Y, then not use the inbound flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.