Seat select query

Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Seat select query

I have a confirmed and paid for first class ticket DEL-DXB-NBO-DXB-DEL When I go to manage my booking on the Emirates app and try I select my seat for the last leg (DXB-DEL) it says all seats are booked. Any idea why this is happening and advice on what I should do? I’m EK gold Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
All the other legs are fine FYI in case this is useful
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:42 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by rathin100
I have a confirmed and paid for first class ticket DEL-DXB-NBO-DXB-DEL When I go to manage my booking on the Emirates app and try I select my seat for the last leg (DXB-DEL) it says all seats are booked. Any idea why this is happening and advice on what I should do? I’m EK gold Thanks.
I would 'phone the call centre. They'll sort you out, they are pretty good!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks Will do. It’s peculiar It’s showing me the first class cabin but showing all seats full.. but I have a fully confirmed ticket .. do you think Ek, contrary to standard procedure even overlooks first?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Overbooks not overlooks :-)
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Overbooks not overlooks :-)
Some seats are probably blocked but not chosen by any other pax. A downgauge from an A380 to 77W could also cause this (14 v 8 F seats)
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:28 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Some seats are probably blocked but not chosen by any other pax. A downgauge from an A380 to 77W could also cause this (14 v 8 F seats)
Not to DEL or NBO
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Zol
Not to DEL or NBO
Doesn't DEL have an A380 flight? Thought it did, BOM does
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Doesn't DEL have an A380 flight? Thought it did, BOM does
Sadly . no.

Flew in on an ancient 777 with old ICE this morning on EK510:-(
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Still no luck :-(((
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:31 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Still no luck :-(((
Did you phone the call centre as suggested? And if you can give me the flight number and date I can check on Expert Flyer if there are blocked seats (which is a distinct possibility). Come to think of it, you can also do this yourself as the seat map feature in EF is free of charge (up to a certain number of searches). But I'm quite happy to do it for you too.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Many thanks. —- following your post I called them and they did allocate a seat The reason the gave for the block was that all the window seats were taken and the aisle seats in First were kept blocked.. for infants! Thats 4/8 seats in First on a 777. Bizarre but that’s contemporary emirates for you... great service and good profuct but an inept capricious management.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I cant select row 6 in J on the 777. Looks like the prehistoric 2-3-2 old layout. Is row 6 kept blocked for EK elites only which not even Qantas Elites can book? Currently in 7A and trying to get 6A as Im told 7A has a misaligned window.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I cant select row 6 in J on the 777. Looks like the prehistoric 2-3-2 old layout. Is row 6 kept blocked for EK elites only which not even Qantas Elites can book? Currently in 7A and trying to get 6A as Im told 7A has a misaligned window.
Row 6 is bulkhead, they are only available at the airport. 7A has a misaligned window, but beyond that is my favourite seat on the 77W. 6A is also nice but some may dislike the bulkhead and the screen being mounted against the wall
Old May 4, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Row 6 is bulkhead, they are only available at the airport. 7A has a misaligned window, but beyond that is my favourite seat on the 77W. 6A is also nice but some may dislike the bulkhead and the screen being mounted against the wall
seconded everything in this post... 7a or 7k are my favourite business seats on 77W. Row 6 becomes available at the airport and is usually a good backup in the mini forward cabin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.