Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Swaps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Does anyone else think that this "downgrade" may lead to SYD and MEL getting the newer 77Ws with new F perhaps at some point next year ?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I’ve just realise this has happened to me again. First it was 417, I moved flight and now it’s happened to 419. There’s no point in trying to fight it any more!
destiny
there's still 413 though if you feel urged to do one last fight
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:18 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I’ve just realise this has happened to me again. First it was 417, I moved flight and now it’s happened to 419. There’s no point in trying to fight it any more!
Weren't they both in the initial announcement.

Originally Posted by Nizar
Does anyone else think that this "downgrade" may lead to SYD and MEL getting the newer 77Ws with new F perhaps at some point next year ?
One would hope, but you would expect you would frame the announcement if there was a positive element.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by extramileage
I dunno...4A/K are pretty bad... get a lot of galley noise. Toss up!
I agree. I was woken up several times by sudden loud noises from the galley on the one time I had to book row 4.

Passing traffic is the issue for me in row 1. It reduces as you go further back, and that's why I always try to book rows 2 or 3. Much better in my opinion
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:16 pm

EK419/418 SYD/BKK/DXB Aircraft downgrade

In the official statement, it says the aircraft swap will take place next year but my flight from BKK to SYD is operated by 777 in late November. Is his something to to with the a380 pilot shortage someone mentioned about??
sydtogla likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:19 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Weren't they both in the initial announcement.
Yes, but effective Jan 2019 not November. Load is exceptionally light in F/J.

Originally Posted by cdgbear
In the official statement, it says the aircraft swap will take place next year but my flight from BKK to SYD is operated by 777 in late November. Is his something to to with the a380 pilot shortage someone mentioned about??
I don't know why its happening but the swaps have been brought forward. I don't think any route is safe at the moment!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by EKplat
I agree. I was woken up several times by sudden loud noises from the galley on the one time I had to book row 4.

Passing traffic is the issue for me in row 1. It reduces as you go further back, and that's why I always try to book rows 2 or 3. Much better in my opinion
Agree with avoiding row 1 or 4 on the 380 . I was in 2K a few days ago and the chap in 1K had a tough time with people walking past all the time..

Even the bathroom attendant for F passes past often to help at the back..
​​​​
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Agree with avoiding row 1 or 4 on the 380 . I was in 2K a few days ago and the chap in 1K had a tough time with people walking past all the time..

Even the bathroom attendant for F passes past often to help at the back..
​​​​
How does she get from row 1 to the galley without passing rows 2-4?
Zol likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: EK Gold
I don't know why its happening but the swaps have been brought forward. I don't think any route is safe at the moment!
Does anyone know what the current loads are like on the EK412/415 flights and the likelihood these will be swapped to the 777?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by nmc980
Does anyone know what the current loads are like on the EK412/415 flights and the likelihood these will be swapped to the 777?
I can't give you anything more technical than this but the sources are good: Loads are down across the board and there is a drive to save money. At this point it means flying the 77W stock rather than 388 on some routes.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
How does she get from row 1 to the galley without passing rows 2-4?
It's the proximity of the curtain to the seat. it feels like people are almost in your suite, and they have a full close-up view inside the suite when heading back down the aisle. Invariably they look at the person.

i do it too because they are straight ahead as you pass through the curtain. They need to have the doors on the suite closed to get any real privacy.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:14 pm

I'm referring to suites 1A and 1K
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
EK Plat is correct. The curtains to the F bar / bathroom area are also closed during the flight and therefore people keep on fiddling around with the curtain right near 1K or 1A

Also since it is right in front you look directly on their face when coming into the F cabin from the toilet even if their seat is in recline.

1 A or K will have to keep the doors closed to have privacy.

Regarding my comment about the bathroom attendant , you are correct that she( I have never seen a male attendant ) will.be passing along row 2/3/4 . I just added it to the list of people passing through.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:30 pm

Sydney to dXB aircraft swamped options?

All, my Emirate flight from Sydney to DXB aircraft got swamped from A380 to the B777-300ER. Now I am disappointed as I wanted to check out the bar and the shower. Any good thing about the B777-300ER?

1) Can I get my miles back because of air craft change?
2) Will they likely swap again?
3). What are my other options?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
When an aircraft is swamped it is never a good thing.

I can't speak to aircraft specifics on EK, but no, you have no options. A specific airframe or type is never guaranteed, just your class of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.