Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

F Award from London to Dubai or Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

I have a stack of Amex Reward Points and am looking for 2 x LHR to either Dubai or Abu Dhabi one way either out or return in First Class.

Am very flexible with dates. I can't find an Award chart....

Can anyone please advise how many points are needed per person? I have never flown Emirates before.

What is best way to book a reward redemption?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Howard0181
I have a stack of Amex Reward Points and am looking for 2 x LHR to either Dubai or Abu Dhabi one way either out or return in First Class.

Am very flexible with dates. I can't find an Award chart....

Can anyone please advise how many points are needed per person? I have never flown Emirates before.

What is best way to book a reward redemption?

Thanks for any assistance.
Hi Howard0181,

First a warm welcome to FlyerTalk in general and to the Emirates forum in particular! You will find the 'regulars' on this forum a friendly and helpful bunch who will try to help as much as possible.

The following link will lead you to the mileage calculator: https://www.emirates.com/account/za/...alculator.aspx. This is obviously for Emirates Skywards miles, how the conversion from AMEX Rewards Points works I can't tell you but others on the forum may be able to help.

The best way to book award tickets is via the Emirates website, so look around there to start with. Please note that availability of F award seats (which book into the 'Z' fare bucket) is by no means guaranteed and before you transfer Amex points into an Emirates Skywards account you should first see if you can get the seats you want. Having said that, there are also flights out of other London airports to DXB (LHR, LGW and STN), which would help quite a bit. In total there are(I think) 8 or 9 EK flights a day out of these three airports. Being flexible is good! Another (and probably easier) way to check availability is to get an Expert Flyer account ($9.99 per month, you can activate and deactivate as you need it and they also have a 5 day free trial option).

Good luck and I hope you will enjoy Emirates F!
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your very helpful reply.

A quick look and its 170,000 points for two people one way whereas Etihad is 125,000 points for two people (one way) via AA.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Howard0181
Thank you for your very helpful reply.

A quick look and its 170,000 points for two people one way whereas Etihad is 125,000 points for two people (one way) via AA.
EK should be 135,000 for 2 people if you can find saver awards in F. That's booking through the EK Skywards programme (you can transfer AMEX points in 1-1).
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
EK should be 135,000 for 2 people if you can find saver awards in F. That's booking through the EK Skywards programme (you can transfer AMEX points in 1-1).
There are no Saver awards in F. It'll either be 85,000 OW per person (Flex Plus) or 125,000 RT per person (Flex), 170,000 RT per person (Flex Plus).
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
There are no Saver awards in F. It'll either be 85,000 OW per person (Flex Plus) or 125,000 RT per person (Flex), 170,000 RT per person (Flex Plus).
No, it will be 135,000 RT per person as I said... it's 67,500 each way.

Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No, it will be 135,000 RT per person as I said... it's 67,500 each way.
Yes, you are right, apologies. It is 135,000 RT as a First Flex award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.