DXB Transit

Old Jul 9, 18, 12:54 am
Original Poster

DXB Transit

Hi guys,

I have a 3 hour layover in Dubai in a few days at midnight Terminal 3 (Emirates flights) Is this a busy time of the year and is that a busy time at midnight?

Thanks,
Jason
Old Jul 9, 18, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by zentravelbuddy View Post
Hi guys,

I have a 3 hour layover in Dubai in a few days at midnight Terminal 3 (Emirates flights) Is this a busy time of the year and is that a busy time at midnight?

Thanks,
Jason
Midnight is always the busiest time because many airplanes from Europe arrive at that time in Dubai.. Also Dubai as a transfer airport is always busy. Just not so many Dubai-only-Tourists at that time because it's too hot at Summer in Dubai.
Old Jul 9, 18, 1:12 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Look for free ice-cream at near the connections area. It will make the wait easier, if there is one.
Old Jul 9, 18, 3:16 am

Programs: IC Amb, Priority Plat, Accor Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
As mentioned already this is the busiest time in Dubai. You may find your 3 hour layover being eaten into if the plane you come in on uses an outer stand and you have to be bussed to the terminal. That will take at least 30-40 mins. A380s are prone to this as much as the 777s. Dubai is the only place I have had to take a bus from an A380. Its a lot of passengers and takes time. Even if you are in a premium cabin it will take some time to get off although they have C and F class transportation. if you are in economy and sitting at the back you can imagine the time taken to offload.

if you use a stand at the terminal though things will go quick as economy deplanes at the same time as C and F.
Old Jul 9, 18, 4:56 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I have to say that having made two transfers between Emirates flights at that sort of time (in March and May) I was amazed at how easy and uncrowded it all was compare to the hassles previously experienced at Abu Dhabi - yes I may have been lucky
Old Jul 9, 18, 8:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Northern hemisphere summer is generally busy, and midnight and morning (8am) are the busiest periods.
Old Jul 9, 18, 1:14 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Was there last week and it wasn't terrible. It was crowded but your standard Dubai busy.
Old Jul 9, 18, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kölner View Post
Midnight is always the busiest time because many airplanes from Europe arrive at that time in Dubai.. Also Dubai as a transfer airport is always busy. Just not so many Dubai-only-Tourists at that time because it's too hot at Summer in Dubai.
I have a 15 hour layover next week flying in on J class arriving DXB around 11:00AM and my connecting flight is around 3:00AM following day. You mentioned that midnight is the busiest time, how about a little after around 1:30-2AM? I spoke to EK yesterday, and they confirmed that I'll be receiving both of my boarding passes from my starting destination so no need to go through the entire process, just go straight through security > lounge.
Old Jul 9, 18, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyer_sam View Post
I have a 15 hour layover next week flying in on J class arriving DXB around 11:00AM and my connecting flight is around 3:00AM following day. You mentioned that midnight is the busiest time, how about a little after around 1:30-2AM? I spoke to EK yesterday, and they confirmed that I'll be receiving both of my boarding passes from my starting destination so no need to go through the entire process, just go straight through security > lounge.
It starts getting busy from midnight and the rush ends around 4am but only for about 2 hours, more of an ebb, then it rushes again until 9-10am when it becomes very quiet until 1-2pm for a tiny increase (barely noticeable) then super quiet again until midnight with a slight increase in activity from 9pm onwards
JTPictureman likes this.
Old Jul 9, 18, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
It starts getting busy from midnight and the rush ends around 4am but only for about 2 hours, more of an ebb, then it rushes again until 9-10am when it becomes very quiet until 1-2pm for a tiny increase (barely noticeable) then super quiet again until midnight with a slight increase in activity from 9pm onwards
Oh boy, so I guess it's fair to say that the Business Lounge will be pretty packed around 12:00-2:00AM...I'm taking advantage of Dubai Connect so going to stay at the hotel till about 11:00PM and head over, have nothing else to do so but I didn't know it would be that busy during the time my flight is departing.
Old Jul 9, 18, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by flyer_sam View Post
Oh boy, so I guess it's fair to say that the Business Lounge will be pretty packed around 12:00-2:00AM...I'm taking advantage of Dubai Connect so going to stay at the hotel till about 11:00PM and head over, have nothing else to do so but I didn't know it would be that busy during the time my flight is departing.
Yep, though in my experience busiest is definitely 1:30am - 3:00am
Old Jul 9, 18, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Yep, though in my experience busiest is definitely 1:30am - 3:00am
Thank you! This is very good to know. Do you think going any earlier then 11:00PM is fine granted my flight is at 3:30AM and I’ll have absolutely nothing else to do?
Old Aug 7, 18, 4:26 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Transfer Time at DXB

I am thinking of flying on EK
YYZ / DXB
DXB / BOM
The tranfer time would be 1 hour and 10 mins. Is this enough time ??
I know I wont be able to visit a Lounge. ( Amex Personal Plat Card ).
Also dioes anyone know , which site to access to see EK's On Board Duty Free selection and Prices, mainly for Alcohol.
Old Aug 7, 18, 4:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mgn2000 View Post
I am thinking of flying on EK
YYZ / DXB
DXB / BOM
The tranfer time would be 1 hour and 10 mins. Is this enough time ??
I know I wont be able to visit a Lounge. ( Amex Personal Plat Card ).
Also dioes anyone know , which site to access to see EK's On Board Duty Free selection and Prices, mainly for Alcohol.
The minimum connection time at DXB is 60 minutes, so you should be OK - assuming this is all one ticket? If not, then I don't think that's long enough to be safe.
Old Aug 7, 18, 4:33 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The minimum connection time at DXB is 60 minutes, so you should be OK - assuming this is all one ticket? If not, then I don't think that's long enough to be safe.
Thanks for the reply, yes it will be on One Ticket.

Search this Thread