FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   DXB Transit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1918932-dxb-transit.html)

zentravelbuddy Jul 9, 18 12:54 am

DXB Transit
 
Hi guys,

I have a 3 hour layover in Dubai in a few days at midnight Terminal 3 (Emirates flights) Is this a busy time of the year and is that a busy time at midnight?

Thanks,
Jason

Kölner Jul 9, 18 1:01 am


Originally Posted by zentravelbuddy (Post 29952986)
Hi guys,

I have a 3 hour layover in Dubai in a few days at midnight Terminal 3 (Emirates flights) Is this a busy time of the year and is that a busy time at midnight?

Thanks,
Jason

Midnight is always the busiest time because many airplanes from Europe arrive at that time in Dubai.. Also Dubai as a transfer airport is always busy. Just not so many Dubai-only-Tourists at that time because it's too hot at Summer in Dubai.

extramileage Jul 9, 18 1:12 am

Look for free ice-cream at near the connections area. It will make the wait easier, if there is one. :)

dewby Jul 9, 18 3:16 am

As mentioned already this is the busiest time in Dubai. You may find your 3 hour layover being eaten into if the plane you come in on uses an outer stand and you have to be bussed to the terminal. That will take at least 30-40 mins. A380s are prone to this as much as the 777s. Dubai is the only place I have had to take a bus from an A380. Its a lot of passengers and takes time. Even if you are in a premium cabin it will take some time to get off although they have C and F class transportation. if you are in economy and sitting at the back you can imagine the time taken to offload.

if you use a stand at the terminal though things will go quick as economy deplanes at the same time as C and F.

amnicoll Jul 9, 18 4:56 am

I have to say that having made two transfers between Emirates flights at that sort of time (in March and May) I was amazed at how easy and uncrowded it all was compare to the hassles previously experienced at Abu Dhabi - yes I may have been lucky

skywardhunter Jul 9, 18 8:03 am

Northern hemisphere summer is generally busy, and midnight and morning (8am) are the busiest periods.

Redwood839 Jul 9, 18 1:14 pm

Was there last week and it wasn't terrible. It was crowded but your standard Dubai busy.

flyer_sam Jul 9, 18 2:39 pm


Originally Posted by Kölner (Post 29953010)
Midnight is always the busiest time because many airplanes from Europe arrive at that time in Dubai.. Also Dubai as a transfer airport is always busy. Just not so many Dubai-only-Tourists at that time because it's too hot at Summer in Dubai.

I have a 15 hour layover next week flying in on J class arriving DXB around 11:00AM and my connecting flight is around 3:00AM following day. You mentioned that midnight is the busiest time, how about a little after around 1:30-2AM? I spoke to EK yesterday, and they confirmed that I'll be receiving both of my boarding passes from my starting destination so no need to go through the entire process, just go straight through security > lounge.

skywardhunter Jul 9, 18 3:32 pm


Originally Posted by flyer_sam (Post 29955571)
I have a 15 hour layover next week flying in on J class arriving DXB around 11:00AM and my connecting flight is around 3:00AM following day. You mentioned that midnight is the busiest time, how about a little after around 1:30-2AM? I spoke to EK yesterday, and they confirmed that I'll be receiving both of my boarding passes from my starting destination so no need to go through the entire process, just go straight through security > lounge.

It starts getting busy from midnight and the rush ends around 4am but only for about 2 hours, more of an ebb, then it rushes again until 9-10am when it becomes very quiet until 1-2pm for a tiny increase (barely noticeable) then super quiet again until midnight with a slight increase in activity from 9pm onwards

flyer_sam Jul 9, 18 4:04 pm


Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29955810)
It starts getting busy from midnight and the rush ends around 4am but only for about 2 hours, more of an ebb, then it rushes again until 9-10am when it becomes very quiet until 1-2pm for a tiny increase (barely noticeable) then super quiet again until midnight with a slight increase in activity from 9pm onwards

Oh boy, so I guess it's fair to say that the Business Lounge will be pretty packed around 12:00-2:00AM...I'm taking advantage of Dubai Connect so going to stay at the hotel till about 11:00PM and head over, have nothing else to do so but I didn't know it would be that busy during the time my flight is departing.

skywardhunter Jul 9, 18 4:21 pm


Originally Posted by flyer_sam (Post 29955941)
Oh boy, so I guess it's fair to say that the Business Lounge will be pretty packed around 12:00-2:00AM...I'm taking advantage of Dubai Connect so going to stay at the hotel till about 11:00PM and head over, have nothing else to do so but I didn't know it would be that busy during the time my flight is departing.

Yep, though in my experience busiest is definitely 1:30am - 3:00am

flyer_sam Jul 9, 18 4:27 pm


Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29956005)
Yep, though in my experience busiest is definitely 1:30am - 3:00am

Thank you! This is very good to know. Do you think going any earlier then 11:00PM is fine granted my flight is at 3:30AM and I’ll have absolutely nothing else to do?

mgn2000 Aug 7, 18 4:26 am

Transfer Time at DXB
 
I am thinking of flying on EK
YYZ / DXB
DXB / BOM
The tranfer time would be 1 hour and 10 mins. Is this enough time ??
I know I wont be able to visit a Lounge. ( Amex Personal Plat Card ).
Also dioes anyone know , which site to access to see EK's On Board Duty Free selection and Prices, mainly for Alcohol.

DYKWIA Aug 7, 18 4:30 am


Originally Posted by mgn2000 (Post 30056319)
I am thinking of flying on EK
YYZ / DXB
DXB / BOM
The tranfer time would be 1 hour and 10 mins. Is this enough time ??
I know I wont be able to visit a Lounge. ( Amex Personal Plat Card ).
Also dioes anyone know , which site to access to see EK's On Board Duty Free selection and Prices, mainly for Alcohol.

The minimum connection time at DXB is 60 minutes, so you should be OK - assuming this is all one ticket? If not, then I don't think that's long enough to be safe.

mgn2000 Aug 7, 18 4:33 am


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 30056330)
The minimum connection time at DXB is 60 minutes, so you should be OK - assuming this is all one ticket? If not, then I don't think that's long enough to be safe.

Thanks for the reply, yes it will be on One Ticket.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:40 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.