Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long connection in T3

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Long connection in T3

Finally booked a ISB-DXB-KUL trip, but connection in DXB is quite long at around 10 hours.

Any advice on how to pass time?

A good spot for plane spotting, or a nice restaurant, or anything else for that matter, would be happy to hear it.

Regards,
murtaza12
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Suppose you don't qualify for Dubai Connect and don't have visa-free access?

If you don't have lounge access a good spot to find some rest might be at the C bus gates depending on time of day, else the far C gates, find one that isn't in use. There are sleeper chairs in B along the concourse.

One used to be able to get a meal voucher for transits over 4hrs but I don't know if that is still possible. For $100 you can purchase access to the J lounge (as long as you're a Skywards member) which may be worth it.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Suppose you don't qualify for Dubai Connect and don't have visa-free access?

If you don't have lounge access a good spot to find some rest might be at the C bus gates depending on time of day, else the far C gates, find one that isn't in use. There are sleeper chairs in B along the concourse.

One used to be able to get a meal voucher for transits over 4hrs but I don't know if that is still possible. For $100 you can purchase access to the J lounge (as long as you're a Skywards member) which may be worth it.
Pakistani national, so I doubt I'd qualify for Visa free access for Dubai Connect.

I did forget to mention that I am flying in J, so I already have access to the lounge.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Pakistani national, so I doubt I'd qualify for Visa free access for Dubai Connect.

I did forget to mention that I am flying in J, so I already have access to the lounge.
Two separate issues. If you quakifq for DC EK arranges a visa even if you ordinarily would require one for the UAE. If they can't they provide the airside hotel from what I've heard.

However if you don't wualifq for DC due to shorter transits being available (even at higher cost) and you don't qualify for visa free access to the UAE (sounds like this is the case) then options are J Lounge or pay for airside hotel.

I'd just stay in the lounge, way your way through the different world cuisines, have a Danish at Costa, have some champagne at the champagne bar, etc. Far end of A lounge has some quiet spots.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:44 am

Change your flight! I once opted for around 6 hours in the airport to fly on the A380 when it was new. It's just too long.
murtaza12 and daisymay2 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Change your flight! I once opted for around 6 hours in the airport to fly on the A380 when it was new. It's just too long.
​​​I'd consider it about 8 hours, minus an hour after landing for security and an hour before departure for boarding.

The choice of KUL flights is limited, I can't make the connection for EK342, so I'm forced to fly on EK344 and have this really long connection.

Guess I'll grab a bite in the lounge and then walk it off by strolling up and down concourse B/C.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:41 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
You could pay into the F lounge and sleep in the quiet room?
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
The food in the main business lounge was superb lots to chose from and the lounge very comfortable you could do a lot worse than kill time there
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:03 am

You could do a bit of swimming, jacuzzi, spa treatment as well. Check this out - https://www.dubaiintlhotels.com/hotel/facilities. They used to offer access pass without requiring to book a room.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:07 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
From my understanding, you qualify for Dubai Connect if your layover is 6 hours or more when flying J or F; so I would check this again to see if you do qualify or not.

If you don't qualify, I would suggest the best thing is to pay the extra money and spend time in the F lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by HB7
From my understanding, you qualify for Dubai Connect if your layover is 6 hours or more when flying J or F; so I would check this again to see if you do qualify or not.

If you don't qualify, I would suggest the best thing is to pay the extra money and spend time in the F lounge.
Not if a shorter connection on the same day in the same cabin was available (even if more expensive or a later departure for first flight to cause it).
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Even if I did qualify for Dubai Connect, I wouldn't use it since I've already got a 3 day stop in DXB on the way back from KUL, the thread was to ask for suggestions on how to pass time in the terminal, haven't had a connection in ages, the last one was probably before T3 even existed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.