Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fifth Freedom Routes Left

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Yes they could all contribute.so if BCN route does open up,it will be interesting situation. Vueling unlikely as same group as BA/IB. Air Europa has its own lat am network.
Ryanair will be a considerable (involuntary)feeder for the STN EK service when that starts. It won't escape the attention of many people from EEurope/Scandinavia that they can combine a cheap flight to STN on FR and then fly EK to OZ/NZ at cheap ex UK fares this saving a decent amount even if they're limited to a few kgs on FR.
I think they'll all involuntarily feed the BCN service - the passengers won't care if the airline has affiliations elsewhere when they're looking for a cheap feeder flight. I'm with subject2load in that I can't see mainland Europeans coming to the UK on an LCC to start an EK itinerary. It's just not cost effective IME.
subject2load likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I think they'll all involuntarily feed the BCN service - the passengers won't care if the airline has affiliations elsewhere when they're looking for a cheap feeder flight. I'm with subject2load in that I can't see mainland Europeans coming to the UK on an LCC to start an EK itinerary. It's just not cost effective IME.
compare the EK fares ex UK to OZ/NZ with those from continental Europe .Big difference,also to many destinations EK fare rules ex UK are more liberal.Recently Australia,has opened up youth employment to some East Europeans,which is a big step.If one goes to STN one quickly realized that now it's a very important entry point for Europeans especially from the East .The weakness of the pound also favours those from the continent.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Indeed nor can I.

I certainly wouldn't be taking a Ryanair or Vueling flight to start an EK routing.

In fact if people wanted to do this it has been possible for a long time at Gatwick anyway so it's not exactly new.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Indeed nor can I.

I certainly wouldn't be taking a Ryanair or Vueling flight to start an EK routing.

In fact if people wanted to do this it has been possible for a long time at Gatwick anyway so it's not exactly new.
I'm not saying I would either but some people are on more tighter budgets

They do at LGW and also go there to feed into longhaul flights Inc to Africa and cheap charters.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:04 am

I'm not saying I would either but some people are on more tighter budgets

They do at LGW and also go there to feed into longhaul flights Inc to Africa and cheap charters.
The issue is taking EK long haul baggage allowances onto Vueling etc. Even with tight budgets you end up paying for it.

But there will always be people who it works for, such as people who position to take Qatar flights from CPH, OSL etc.

It works if you are going from Vueling/Ryanair to Level or Norwegian though.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
No traffic rights.
I wouldn’t expect any traffic rights! It’s CEB-CRK, not CRK-CEB.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

I wouldn’t expect any traffic rights! It’s CEB-CRK, not CRK-CEB.
where does the CEB-CRK go from? Does it start in DXB, and then just go back?

Whats nice about the routes to Australia is you can go to Singapore and then Colombo for a nice award that you can redeem.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:10 am

It's a triangular route from DXB-CEB-CRK-DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.