Search

Which lounge at DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None
Which lounge at DXB

Hi folks,

We're travelling J class BHX-DXB-KUL, anyone advise which lounge we use at DXB?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:54 pm

According to the boarding pass ..you (should) use the closest J lounge to your gate , although you can use A,B or C lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
B has a costa, A used to have Haazen-daz ice cream but may have changed recently.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
B has a costa (meh) and the champagne bar (4 different variants of Moet), as well as smoking section, however is not as big or nice as A. The shower rooms in B don't have toilets and sinks inside the room and get very steamy, the queues for the bathrooms during morning peak can be long.

A no longer has Haagen Dazs but now has an ice cream cart where you get actual scoops of ice cream in a cup or cone, and includes some sorbets, about 6 flavours total, so an improvement. A is much bigger, full length of concourse A, and at the far ends you can find some quiet places to chill and there are some recliners behind semi-private partitions if you need to take a nap.

C has Heineken on tap, that's the only redeeming quality. There is another lounge at the far end of C, I think around C7, which apparently has good tarmac views, but I've not been there. I generally always go to A, unless it's a shorter layover and a flight departing from B or C then I chill in the champange bar (it's usually very quiet as most people don't realise it's there and it's off the main lounge area)
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LeoTheLion
Hi folks,

We're travelling J class BHX-DXB-KUL, anyone advise which lounge we use at DXB?
As has been mentioned, there are J lounges in each Concourse (A, B, C). If you have a fairly short connection, it's best to head to the concourse when your DXB-KUL flight is departing from (check the departure boards). Note that there is a shuttle train between concourses A & B, so allow an extra 10 minutes if you need to switch.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, as a smoker, I assume B will be the most appropriate.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:04 am

Thanks for the information, as a smoker, I assume B will be the most appropriate.
There are smoking areas in A and C too.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
B has a costa (meh) and the champagne bar (4 different variants of Moet), as well as smoking section, however is not as big or nice as A. The shower rooms in B don't have toilets and sinks inside the room and get very steamy, the queues for the bathrooms during morning peak can be long.

A no longer has Haagen Dazs but now has an ice cream cart where you get actual scoops of ice cream in a cup or cone, and includes some sorbets, about 6 flavours total, so an improvement. A is much bigger, full length of concourse A, and at the far ends you can find some quiet places to chill and there are some recliners behind semi-private partitions if you need to take a nap.

C has Heineken on tap, that's the only redeeming quality. There is another lounge at the far end of C, I think around C7, which apparently has good tarmac views, but I've not been there. I generally always go to A, unless it's a shorter layover and a flight departing from B or C then I chill in the champange bar (it's usually very quiet as most people don't realise it's there and it's off the main lounge area)
Costa Meh but Heineken the saviour of C? I was forced into drinking that rubbish last year at the UEFA Super cup final in Skopje, i'm pretty sure the taps had a direct feed to the stadiums urinals...!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
Costa Meh but Heineken the saviour of C? I was forced into drinking that rubbish last year at the UEFA Super cup final in Skopje, i'm pretty sure the taps had a direct feed to the stadiums urinals...!
​​​​​​ Heineken isn't my favourite beer by a long shot, but as an avid beer drinker being able to pour my own draught beer is a plus, also having any type of draught beer available is nice when all other alternatives are cans.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:33 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Welcome to the EK Forum LeoTheLion. As a fellow smoker, I can advise (as already has been said) that all the EK J lounges have smoking areas. I have spent most of my time transiting DXB in the B J lounge with only a couple of times in the A lounge and once in the C lounge. The smoking lounge in B is right at the very far end so if you find yourself in this one, get your bearings if your flight is leaving from B as it can be a fair walk if your gate is at the opposite end of the concourse.

For A, it’s kind off central if I’m remembering correctly and C not too sure. The smoking lounge in B has a dining area attached along with a bar area. A there is a bar area but you have to go to a separate area for food and C the food and bar area is adjacent to the smoking area.

The smoking room in A Was never busy when I have passed through (even at peak times), C wasn’t busy either but B can get very busy and once or twice there hasn’t been much choice of seats. You might even get some entertainment in the B smoking lounge too if you’re lucky About To Kick Off In The Lounge

In all honesty, B is probably my most preferred but if you haven’t transited DXB before, go to the lounge nearest your departure gate. They are quite good at displaying gates early so you will probably have an idea which concourse to go to by the time you land (connecting flights usually displayed on IFE) or shortly after landing. Check on the display screens before going through transfer security. And periodically check the screens in the lounge to make sure there hasn’t been a gate change.

Enjoy your EK experience and please come back and let us know how you got on.

Welcome onboard.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks Saltire for your detailed info, we're not familiar with DXB layout, so, we'll wait until we know departure gate prior to deciding which lounge to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.