Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New Emirates 777-200LR Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Emirates 777-200LR Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Pure sex...

Pics of the new LR seat.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
Pics of the new LR seat.
​​​​​​Those are R-rated unfortunately
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​Those are R-rated unfortunately
Restricted to EK staff and copious dom drinkers.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:34 am

Photos of the new 77L cabin/seat:
https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...-777s-1.710230
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by stargold
​​​​​​That tablet controller looks to be uncomfortably high next to the head. Also sad to see them not doing something on the aisle seats as they're very exposed especially while sleeping
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
​​​​​​That tablet controller looks to be uncomfortably high next to the head. Also sad to see them not doing something on the aisle seats as they're very exposed especially while sleeping
Agreed.

Maybe the outside armrest can adjust a little further up to give some privacy when the bed is down.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stargold
Beautiful
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:13 am
Suspended

See what this ignorant american blogger has to say about, I mean criticise EK's lovely new business class: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2018/03/05/emirates-unveils-new-business-class-seats/
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:21 am

See what this ignorant american blogger has to say about, I mean criticise EK's lovely new business class: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2018/03/05/emirates-unveils-new-business-class-seats/
I was going to say that you're being a little rude, his nationality certainly is irrelevant, but it is an incredibly poor article and a little economical with the truth.

EK wants to differentiate F, they're not trying to make their J the greatest, he's comparing to United Polaris which is their top product. The entire post is also very poorly worded making it difficult to follow for those not already familiar with EK aircraft and layout...
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
See what this ignorant american blogger has to say about, I mean criticise EK's lovely new business class: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...s-class-seats/
In what way is he being "ignorant?" I think many would agree that the 777 hard product is not industry leading in terms of direct aisle access which is very important in terms of passenger comfort to many. IMO customers are simply willing to overlook the lack of direct aisle access for a better soft product compared to US carriers. Also, as with most blogs, no one is looking to win Pulitzer's so writing style doesn't matter much to me when I read them. They're just people giving frank opinions.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kq747
In what way is he being "ignorant?" I think many would agree that the 777 hard product is not industry leading in terms of direct aisle access which is very important in terms of passenger comfort to many. IMO customers are simply willing to overlook the lack of direct aisle access for a better soft product compared to US carriers. Also, as with most blogs, no one is looking to win Pulitzer's so writing style doesn't matter much to me when I read them. They're just people giving frank opinions.
It's not solely the lack of direct aisle that makes this a great product. It is the softness of the seat the absence of a foot cubby, footrest and soft product/alchohol which makes the whole product great. The American bloggers often overlook these human factors.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:05 am

Because several of his arguments have logical flaws, and he's comparing EK's second best product (J) to UA's best (Polaris), not addressing the fact that EK positions their J purposefully lower to maintain the allure of F. Why does a business traveller need their own suite? Surely they just need a good night's rest and comfort and the rich who seek luxury and privacy fly F. Thats how I see EK arguing it.

His writing is also confusing and erratic, someone who isn't familiar with aircraft models would struggle to follow what he's trying to say. Lastly EK provided wide body J with a lie-flat (angled or not) on 1h regional flights where nothing comparable could be expected from most airlines compared, so yeah maybe on the ULH compared to SQ the J product doesn't match up but on the 1h hops? One must look at consistency and the mean as well.

The problem as I see it is airlines eliminating F and making J their flagship product, that's not EK's game, they offer F, and J must be measurably lower in value to maintain that differentiation. I think it's the right move, but I've never been exposed to the North American airlines so perhaps I'm biased (or rather not biased)...
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:17 am
Suspended

Americans understand only one language and that is direct aisle access. Actual seat comfort and soft product figures nearly nowhere for them.
Many of them would rather fly 7hr accross the atlantic in a herringbone J and then connect 4 hours in their awful recliners than fly EK on a similar flight because they offer 'angled' seats overlooking the fact that ek is consistent.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Because several of his arguments have logical flaws, and he's comparing EK's second best product (J) to UA's best (Polaris), not addressing the fact that EK positions their J purposefully lower to maintain the allure of F. Why does a business traveller need their own suite? Surely they just need a good night's rest and comfort and the rich who seek luxury and privacy fly F. Thats how I see EK arguing it.

His writing is also confusing and erratic, someone who isn't familiar with aircraft models would struggle to follow what he's trying to say. Lastly EK provided wide body J with a lie-flat (angled or not) on 1h regional flights where nothing comparable could be expected from most airlines compared, so yeah maybe on the ULH compared to SQ the J product doesn't match up but on the 1h hops? One must look at consistency and the mean as well.

The problem as I see it is airlines eliminating F and making J their flagship product, that's not EK's game, they offer F, and J must be measurably lower in value to maintain that differentiation. I think it's the right move, but I've never been exposed to the North American airlines so perhaps I'm biased (or rather not biased)...
I think you have read a lot into what he is writing which is frankly no different than many people on FT say about the EK J configuration. I don't read his blog often, but he seems to be just as much a frequent traveler as anyone on here and I think calling him ignorant is a stretch. I am one of the people willing to overlook direct aisle access if it comes with a better soft product which is why I opt for EK over US carriers. He is talking specifically about the seat configuration not the product as a whole, and the config is objectively less desirable than many premium carriers i.e. I would rather fly Q-suites over EK new J, all other things being equal. It is very clear to everyone why EK choose the J config they have and I am sure the writer knows this but that does not make it better than QR/AA/DL config. I think it is perfectly fair to compare it to UA Polaris as Polaris is a J product. By that logic we shouldn't compare Q- suites to EK J on most flights which makes no sense as QR first is only on a handful of flights.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:17 am

I think you have read a lot into what he is writing which is frankly no different than many people on FT say about the EK J configuration. I don't read his blog often, but he seems to be just as much a frequent traveler as anyone on here and I think calling him ignorant is a stretch. I am one of the people willing to overlook direct aisle access if it comes with a better soft product which is why I opt for EK over US carriers. He is talking specifically about the seat configuration not the product as a whole, and the config is objectively less desirable than many premium carriers i.e. I would rather fly Q-suites over EK new J, all other things being equal. It is very clear to everyone why EK choose the J config they have and I am sure the writer knows this but that does not make it better than QR/AA/DL config. I think it is perfectly fair to compare it to UA Polaris as Polaris is a J product. By that logic we shouldn't compare Q- suites to EK J on most flights which makes no sense as QR first is only on a handful of flights.
That's a fair point, if reading his post in that light, that's not how I read it or interpreted it, however. I actually have been kind of neutral on VFTW, I don't read it regularly, unfortunately I do read OMAAT more regularly (which is just repetitive regurgitation from VFTW), I clicked the link preparing to blast DatBoi for calling him an ignorant American but the article was so shockingly poorly written that I have to agree, though yeah, ignorant might be a little strong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.