Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New Emirates 777-200LR Business Class

Old Dec 12, 17, 5:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/dubai-emirates-goes-two-class-to-hike-777-200lr-sea-443285/

A new business class promised for the 200LRs only. Seems to have been over-shadowed by the new First Class cabin refresh.

Coukd this be a trial for the business class cabins coming on the 777-Xs? The shedding of some weight, by losing the suites, enabling Panama City to finally start, and a second daily to AKL, with a product to match QR? Direct aisle access for all finally?!
Old Dec 13, 17, 10:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by donpizmeoff View Post
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...lr-sea-443285/

A new business class promised for the 200LRs only. Seems to have been over-shadowed by the new First Class cabin refresh.

Coukd this be a trial for the business class cabins coming on the 777-Xs? The shedding of some weight, by losing the suites, enabling Panama City to finally start, and a second daily to AKL, with a product to match QR? Direct aisle access for all finally?!
I believe this was discussed when announced but there is no other information other than 2-2-2 arrangement so there is really not much to discuss. Very much doubt the seat will be drastically different from the current refreshed version and still no direct aisle access for all.
Old Dec 13, 17, 12:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I understand a 38 J 264 y

not seen even the exact layout
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It would seem strange for it to be the exact same seat in J, as losing one seat in the middle would leave two very wide aisles.

38 in J is an interesting reduction too - a big fall in the number of premium seats on the aircraft and thus associated revenues.

With a UAE-India seat cap on the bilateral, and no more 330s, perhaps they are looking at opening up more destinations with more efficient aircraft configurations? But with an aircraft that has such a long range, why?

The mind boggles!
Old Dec 13, 17, 5:37 pm

Programs: Whatever status they gifted me for 2021 because I flew only 20k miles and had 17 nights
Anyone know the cargo capacity of the 77L vs 77W? The 77L is basically a 772-ER with the 77W wing, gear and aux tanks, so it's all about carrying weight. Perhaps this is a cargo play?

Last edited by Metanoia; Dec 13, 17 at 6:01 pm
Old Dec 14, 17, 12:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The 300ER is able to take 8 tonnes more cargo and can carry 8 additional ULDs than the 200LR.

I don't think it's a cargo move as the 200LR is able to take a full payload of pax and cargo to any current destination on the network. And whilst some LRs are plumbed for auxiliary tanks it is a feature of the aircraft that no operator uses. So the fuel capacities of the 300ER & 200LR are identical.
Old Dec 14, 17, 3:31 am

Programs: Whatever status they gifted me for 2021 because I flew only 20k miles and had 17 nights
Originally Posted by donpizmeoff View Post
The 300ER is able to take 8 tonnes more cargo and can carry 8 additional ULDs than the 200LR.

I don't think it's a cargo move as the 200LR is able to take a full payload of pax and cargo to any current destination on the network. And whilst some LRs are plumbed for auxiliary tanks it is a feature of the aircraft that no operator uses. So the fuel capacities of the 300ER & 200LR are identical.
That makes sense. So they go from 266 to 304 seats, but go from 42J to 38J. I am not sure how the economics is supposed to work because yes, they're reducing CASM(K) for this costly-to-operate fleet but potentially at the expense of revenue. Maybe the yields or loads in J are lesser and it works out to gain a few more Y seats, for those markets? It'll be interesting when we see these reconfigured frames on the schedule and what markets they're put on.
Old Dec 14, 17, 7:47 pm

Programs: EK, QF, KLM,SQ
Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
That makes sense. So they go from 266 to 304 seats, but go from 42J to 38J. I am not sure how the economics is supposed to work because yes, they're reducing CASM(K) for this costly-to-operate fleet but potentially at the expense of revenue. Maybe the yields or loads in J are lesser and it works out to gain a few more Y seats, for those markets? It'll be interesting when we see these reconfigured frames on the schedule and what markets they're put on.
I'd guess that the "much loved centre seats" don't get too much patronage, so that, unless J has been regularly full, the loss wouldn't be as noticeable as a direct "number of seats" calculation would indicate.
Old Dec 16, 17, 1:33 pm

With the reconfiguration not only in seats but throughout the cabin, the weight savings will be substantially enough to open up new routes and make the CASM more attractive.

With the load factors and revenue/class mix on existing routes taken into account, the revenue balance will be a better match. Interesting to see what this J seat will look like and whether the J cabin will be fit fully into the area before the emergency exit door. Also, will there will be more personal space per passenger with the 2-2-2 configuration or just wider aisles?
Old Dec 16, 17, 3:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by EKcellent View Post
I'd guess that the "much loved centre seats" don't get too much patronage, so that, unless J has been regularly full, the loss wouldn't be as noticeable as a direct "number of seats" calculation would indicate.
A very useful Op-up seat though...
Old Dec 26, 17, 2:23 am

Here more informations about the 2-class B77LR in summer 2018:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ervice-in-s18/
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Feb 21, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Resurfacing this thread, as I'm flying back from DXB-FLL on March 11, and the online seatmap looks like it'll have the new J seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Anyone know what the actual seat looks like?
Old Feb 21, 18, 2:29 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Deemus7 View Post
Resurfacing this thread, as I'm flying back from DXB-FLL on March 11, and the online seatmap looks like it'll have the new J seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Anyone know what the actual seat looks like?
Sorry, no. Looking forward to your trip report!
Old Feb 21, 18, 2:42 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Gold
I'm pretty sure its going to be this seat: https://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-bo...s-2-3-2-layout

Just in a 2-2-2 config, but I could be wrong.
Old Feb 21, 18, 3:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by S.R View Post
I'm pretty sure its going to be this seat: https://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-bo...s-2-3-2-layout

Just in a 2-2-2 config, but I could be wrong.
That would be my guess too

Search this Thread
Search Engine: