Wiki Posts
Search

More website login issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
More website login issues

Anyone else unable to log in? I tried throughout yesterday, and same problem today (two different broswers so I don't think it is me, but honestly I doubt it could be broken for more than 24 hours?). First CAPTCHA fails then attempts to refresh the CAPTCHA just result in moving or static decimal points (periods).
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
IT problems across the board. I just received about 3 months worth of upgrade alert emails for flights I’ve already taken.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
I could not get on the other day, in the end I have booked on another airline as I was even having issues trying to get the dates to be accepted.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Absolutely hate the new log in, the old was so much better. This one now will not let me log in with my email address, only my EK number and I have faced days when I cannot log in either.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by JTPictureman
Absolutely hate the new log in, the old was so much better. This one now will not let me log in with my email address, only my EK number and I have faced days when I cannot log in either.
Strange. I don't use the website all that often (depending on travel patterns either one a month or a few times in short succession).
So I tried a few minutes ago and no problem at all, I could log in with my email address.
Everything appears to work as it should.
The only change I have seen fairly recently is the different CAPTCHA (no longer 'click on the music' but the more common combination of digits and letters)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

It looks like they have fixed the CAPTCHA issue that kept me out for two days.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by weasel07
It looks like they have fixed the CAPTCHA issue that kept me out for two days.
I had the same problem - now working OK again.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:04 am

I need to go through the log-in process twice...been like that for a good few weeks now. After first login directed to flight search page and then need to redo login to get into my account. most annoying particularly as emirates site / processing is generally slow.
lightwalker likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
The website is so frustrating. I cannot always tell if the problem was my typing in the wrong password or the CAPTCHA issue. After a few tries I am either locked out or forced to change my password.
lightwalker likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:09 pm

I've found if I complete the Captcha and press "OK" then just wait for a bit, it looks like it's not doing anything and the Captcha might even refresh itself, but after a bit it kicks into life and logs in OK. I was getting impatient and trying to redo things, but given I chance it got there eventually.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:55 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
I've found if I complete the Captcha and press "OK" then just wait for a bit, it looks like it's not doing anything and the Captcha might even refresh itself, but after a bit it kicks into life and logs in OK. I was getting impatient and trying to redo things, but given I chance it got there eventually.
That’s exactly my experience. The back end of that website appears to take some time to do the authentication. When I am patient, I never have login problems.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:41 am

It's just poor UX design. The frontend is very heavy on the browser, so especially on slower PCs it can be sluggish, but also just poor implementation of visual cues. There should be an immediate and instant visual feedback when a button is pressed, e.g. the login button, such as a loading icon, the button's shade changing, etc. without having to wait 1-2 seconds for something to happen, this way the user knows something is plonking along in the back trying to get somewhere.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's just poor UX design.
And specifying and testing and quality control and . . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.