Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Emirates fares

I wonder if anyone can advise. I am trying to book a fare from ABQ - CPT on Emirates that connects via JFK and DXB. When I price this on the Emirates web site it keeps coming up as $18,000/pp/RT for economy! I suspect that the ABQ - JFK portion throws the web site since it's operated by Jet Blue and does not show with an operated by Emirates flight number When I price it on Expedia it comes up as $1400/pp/RT. ITA matches that as well. And it show the Jet Blue portion with an Emirates flight number operated by Jet Blue Too good to be true? When I split the route on the Emirates site, I get around $2000. for the JFK-CPT RT. And it won't allow the ABQ-JFK so I would need to book that direct with jet Blue. Any advice appreciated. I'm not a huge fan of Expedia and always prefer to book direct with the carrier, but this might be an exception.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Try pricing it on the EK Website using Multi-City search, with ABQ-JFK then same day JFK-CPT as a separate leg and the same on the return, this might work.

Otherwise try calling, if they can't do it over the phone you're likely stuck with an OTA.

Why do you specifically want to connect at JFK? EK has many stations in the US and most are closer to ABQ, such as SFO, LAX, IAH, etc.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much skywardhunter! I only chose JFK as this is now the various search engines default the routing. IAH is a cheap Southwest flight away from ABQ, so I tried that routing on the Emirates site. Wow! It prices this routing as $1200. This makes for a longer trip overall as compared to the Delta long-haul from ATL, but avoids a night in JNB. Awesome advice!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by marciaandre
Thanks so much skywardhunter! I only chose JFK as this is now the various search engines default the routing. IAH is a cheap Southwest flight away from ABQ, so I tried that routing on the Emirates site. Wow! It prices this routing as $1200. This makes for a longer trip overall as compared to the Delta long-haul from ATL, but avoids a night in JNB. Awesome advice!
Not to throw a wrench in your plans, if you are considering Houston as an option Emirates and Southwest do not operate form the same airport. Emirates flies to IAH (George Bush International- North of city center) and Southwest flies to Hobby (HOU- South of city center). I've only used IAH, and HOU is on the opposite side of the city.....just something to consider if you decide on Houston as your gateway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.