OLCI or not?

Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
OLCI or not?

Hi,
We take our first EK F on Sunday. I just recieved the email inviting us to do OLCI. Are there any positive or negatives to doing this.
We have luggage to che including a Scootcase(mobility scooter in a suitcase) I have had numerous communications with EK with regards to Li battery etc so I'm not expecting any issues.

Thanks.......Harry
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I don't think there are any issues either way.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:28 am

It will make zero difference either way.

FWIW I checked in a bag at T-61 minutes (no OLCI) the other day and it was first out the other end as usual - and wasnt pre offloaded!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by SuanLum
Hi,
We take our first EK F on Sunday. I just recieved the email inviting us to do OLCI. Are there any positive or negatives to doing this.
We have luggage to che including a Scootcase(mobility scooter in a suitcase) I have had numerous communications with EK with regards to Li battery etc so I'm not expecting any issues.

Thanks.......Harry
No negatives to OLCI, only positives... mobile boarding pass if possible, Apple watch updates, reduced chance of shenanigans in IRROPS or oversell situations (I believe check-in time is a criteria for involuntary downgrades/bumps/etc)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Thanks everyone. I did it,really looking forward to it. Only previous F experience was EY 2 years ago on A380 and 787 on the same route to this one.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by SuanLum
Thanks everyone. I did it,really looking forward to it. Only previous F experience was EY 2 years ago on A380 and 787 on the same route to this one.
I think you'll have yourself a great time Especially if you drink.

I've heard that the best onboard pairing is a 6-piece Chicken McNugget and Dom Perignon...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I think you'll have yourself a great time Especially if you drink.

I've heard that the best onboard pairing is a 6-piece Chicken McNugget and Dom Perignon...
I thought you now have first hand experience
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I thought you now have first hand experience
Lol that's true, perhaps I can't admit to myself that I've fallen in love with Chicken McNuggets again, I've ordered them at least 3 times since the Dom.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Lol that's true, perhaps I can't admit to myself that I've fallen in love with Chicken McNuggets again, I've ordered them at least 3 times since the Dom.
You ordered them without a champagne pairing?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You ordered them without a champagne pairing?
I think McD puts an addictive chemical in them that makes you crave them fortnightly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.