Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Dine on Demand - J class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SimpleDXB
EY, SQ and QR First have long since been better than EK.
QR F is nowhere near as good as the current EK F. It's only slightly better than QR J (as per lots of reviews). No privacy at all.

I'd say the new SQ F is similar to the new EK F.

I'll give you the 2x3x2 in J, but that works for EK. Nobody was expecting a change - seeing as the only changed this in the last 12 months.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
but why would one call it pork, I'm sure some would take offense.

Pork and bacon would definitely be available at some high-end hotels in the UAE, but sourcing bulk quantities on a daily basis for EK catering might not be so easy, especially as the slaughter and processing would likely have to occur outside the UAE and the meat flown in every day or two. Plus the need for separate facilities in DXB to cook and process the products for the flights and presumably have a separate catering cart for it as well.
Real bacon is served in many mid-range hotel apartments in Dubai. Golden Sands in particular from my experience. Others too. The Rydges Plaza in Satwa, before it became the Chelsea Plaza, served bacon as part of their breakfasts. Haven't stayed there since the change so not sure if they still do.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

So, I guess this trial never actually happened?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
QR F is nowhere near as good as the current EK F. It's only slightly better than QR J (as per lots of reviews). No privacy at all.

I'd say the new SQ F is similar to the new EK F.

I'll give you the 2x3x2 in J, but that works for EK. Nobody was expecting a change - seeing as the only changed this in the last 12 months.
agreed. QR F is nothing special by any means. Q-Suite 100x better.

as for the 2x3x2, I’m okay with it, along with some others who do not have the direct aisle access. I want plenty of inventory and seats available. If changes are made to all aisle, fine, just as long as there are still the same amount of seats available.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Downunderdesert
Q-Suite 100x better.
For those who value privacy above all else, the Qsuites deliver.
However for those who would like a soft, well cushioned seat that is not claustrophobic and an open footwell for sleeping QR F delivers well in this department.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, OWE (BA), *A Gold (TK), EY Gold*
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
So, I guess this trial never actually happened?
Been and gone and went... Obv died a natural death - but it was 100% trialled on certain sectors.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:54 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I would have really liked this to work. On Demand is a necessity for ULH sectors. Not all of us want to settle into our destination time zone!
NoY, Will08 and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I would have really liked this to work. On Demand is a necessity for ULH sectors. Not all of us want to settle into our destination time zone!
Same here, even LH, not just ULH. Or at least have them reconsider meal timings if they can’t make on demand work. E.g., say I have a 3:30 pm departure from Europe to DXB (or vice versa) landing there at midnight (+ 30/40’ ATC delays ), I would prefer to have dinner later in the flight as opposed to a 4:30 pm „lunch“...
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:18 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

It might not be the last we've heard. It may not have been rolled out due to the vast amount of other organisational changes happening across the group. I am sure we'll see some new services come on time for EXPO, hopefully this will be one.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
As a customer, DOD is a great improvement. As Wtravel said, pax won't be obliged to have lunch at 15:30 Dubai time (after a lunch at the lounge at 12:00) and no dinner when landing at 20:00 western Europe time (23:00 Dubai time) ...
Nevertheless, it will create a real chaos at the galley, with no "peaceful time" for FA.
Therefore, I would suggest something in between : two services, one at 15:30, the other at 20:00 (Dubai time). Pax would choose while ordering their aperitif.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ioto1902
As a customer, DOD is a great improvement. As Wtravel said, pax won't be obliged to have lunch at 15:30 Dubai time (after a lunch at the lounge at 12:00) and no dinner when landing at 20:00 western Europe time (23:00 Dubai time) ...
Nevertheless, it will create a real chaos at the galley, with no "peaceful time" for FA.
Therefore, I would suggest something in between : two services, one at 15:30, the other at 20:00 (Dubai time). Pax would choose while ordering their aperitif.
Many J DOD products actually have orders taken at the start of the flight for main meals and you are asked when you would like it. In an ideal world, the FAs can then rotate when they know things are going to be busy and when it will be quiet.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Frequent readers of this forum won't find too much new info in today's WSJ article on Emirates (subscription required link, or google "Chateau Margaux for Seat 2A: Emirates Rewrites Rules for Airlines"), and there are some future potential service offerings noted, but they do mention the following:

Emirates plans to reconfigure its onboard kitchens to offer by year-end meal service to business-class passengers on demand, rather than at set times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.