Search

Emirates lounge access in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines
Emirates lounge access in Dubai

Hi all,

I am flying from PER to LHR via SIN, DXB in January. I will be in J the whole way, however with a mix of carriers - PER-SIN with QF, SIN-DXB with EK, DXB-LHR with BA. This is due to limited availability with it being peak time. I am also Qantas WP, for what it is worth.

Looking at the DXB lounge offerings it seems like there is usually no alternative to the BA lounge which since my flight arrives at 1am and leaves at 10am is not ideal because the BA lounge is closed between 2am and 5.30am.

What are my chances of Emirates letting me into the J lounge for a few hours having just come off a J flight with them?

If no, are there any other lounge options potentially available?

What about a complimentary Emirates Skywards 3-month status match or something?

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by miniyazz
What are my chances of Emirates letting me into the J lounge for a few hours having just come off a J flight with them?

Thanks
0 chance.

You'd have to pay for (or use Priority Pass or something similar) for Marhaba, which isn't really a very good lounge.

If you are willing to pay, then perhaps the transit hotel is an option.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
EK won't let you in the lounge as access is only based on departing flight. EK flights depart from concourse A, B and C, whereas BA flights are only from D, but since you have such a long layover it shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy access to the EK lounge as you are not travelling on EK, and you must be a skywards member too. The only other option you have left is to pay for access to the Marhaba lounge which is about AED 200 for 3 hours I believe. Though it can be heaving and not a pleasant place to be especially during your layover as it is rush hour in DXB.

Just to check, is this booked on one PNR? Because you might have to recheck your bags, I'm not familiar with QF's policy, though they should through check with EK and BA too due to their partnerships.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:43 pm

Hi all,

I am flying from PER to LHR via SIN, DXB in January. I will be in J the whole way, however with a mix of carriers - PER-SIN with QF, SIN-DXB with EK, DXB-LHR with BA. This is due to limited availability with it being peak time. I am also Qantas WP, for what it is worth.

Looking at the DXB lounge offerings it seems like there is usually no alternative to the BA lounge which since my flight arrives at 1am and leaves at 10am is not ideal because the BA lounge is closed between 2am and 5.30am.

Thanks
If EK is full in J from DXB to LHR then why not try to waitlist in J? If and when confirmed then you will have EK J lounge access in DXB as well as superior J class flight.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There are 3 priority pass lounges in Concourse D if that's any use.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex

Thanks
Even if a status match were successful, you would not be able to use the EK lounge unless you were flying out with EK from DXB.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:08 am

For a 1am-10am transit, I would seriously just get out of the airport and sleep in a proper bed at one of the hotels nearby. It's way too long to be messing around with lounges.
WorldLux likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
If EK is full in J from DXB to LHR then why not try to waitlist in J? If and when confirmed then you will have EK J lounge access in DXB as well as superior J class flight.
&/or waitlist with QF in J on.the EK (codeshare with QF) flight, possibly your QF status will allow you higher WL priority.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Or book a room at one of the airside hotels,as I always do to break my journeys
https://www.dubaiintlhotels.com/
SS
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by HKprince
EK won't let you in the lounge as access is only based on departing flight. EK flights depart from concourse A, B and C, whereas BA flights are only from D, but since you have such a long layover it shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy access to the EK lounge as you are not travelling on EK, and you must be a skywards member too. The only other option you have left is to pay for access to the Marhaba lounge which is about AED 200 for 3 hours I believe. Though it can be heaving and not a pleasant place to be especially during your layover as it is rush hour in DXB.

Just to check, is this booked on one PNR? Because you might have to recheck your bags, I'm not familiar with QF's policy, though they should through check with EK and BA too due to their partnerships.
That's a shame, I'd hoped EK would do a similar thing to Qantas and permit access to their lounge following one of their own flights. But, I didn't really expect it with no mention on their website.

It should all be one PNR (at least I have a single booking reference for all of the flights, which all appear on the same e-ticket, which AFAIK means all one PNR). I plan to rely on the check-in staff to get my baggage through as many transfers as possible, since any information I get from the helpdesk is likely to be unreliable, at least based on the member of staff who told me a specific flight wasn't available, even though it was visible on their website, and the next staff member was somehow able to book it.

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Sorry I should have been clearer, I booked a QF Classic Reward Flight so points all the way. And, I fancied trying out a few different J products which worked out since I will be on QF (intl), EK and BA none of which I have flown J before.

Originally Posted by extramileage
Even if a status match were successful, you would not be able to use the EK lounge unless you were flying out with EK from DXB.
A good point.

Originally Posted by stargold
For a 1am-10am transit, I would seriously just get out of the airport and sleep in a proper bed at one of the hotels nearby. It's way too long to be messing around with lounges.
Thanks but I think I would find it more stressful leaving the airport in the middle of the night for a few hours when I'm not going to see anything and have the added hassle of queuing through more security and expense of (presumably) taxis as well as a room which I would get for a scant 5 hours; I'm still young enough to curl up in a quiet corner somewhere and not particularly worry about it.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There are 3 priority pass lounges in Concourse D if that's any use.
Excellent suggestion, I have discovered I get a complimentary Priority Pass membership with two free entries with one of my credit cards so have signed up for that. Now to decide which is best..

Thanks all
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
Or book a room at one of the airside hotels,as I always do to break my journeys
https://www.dubaiintlhotels.com/
SS
Me, too ^. But be aware that this is only available in Concourses A, B and C; and there is noisy renovation work going on in Concourse C.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Yep, as per other posts ..... you really should be aiming for a hotel bed for such a long transit rather than faffing around with paid-for substandard lounge access (which would have a length-of-stay limitation anyway)
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:38 am
twr

Hi I am. Going to be purchasing pp membership, which lounges will I have access to for a free shower(flying EK economy DUR dxb Hk) I'm not phased about the food but really need a free shower.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by twr
Hi I am. Going to be purchasing pp membership, which lounges will I have access to for a free shower(flying EK economy DUR dxb Hk) I'm not phased about the food but really need a free shower.
you get it free with many credit cards
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
you get it free with many credit cards
Only the highest end ones in South Africa. Not sure about lounges but I'd expect the Marhaba to be the only one, though have heard they charge extra for showers. Not sure if this also applies to PP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.