Wiki Posts
Search

EK - no limo waiting in HYD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
EK - no limo waiting in HYD

So I booked a flight for my boss to HYD on C, EK limo was suppose to pick him up, but nobody there, he didnt have the updated hotel info so he was stuck at the airport for a few hours waiting for me to wake up to update him. Any suggestions on what I can demand from EK on his behalf? Full fare ticket, and I just expected this to go smooth, but no :-(
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
You/he won't get much/anything out of EK. The terms and conditions specifically state that EK accepts no liability for any problems. Since chauffeur drive needs to be booked 48 hours in advance with the destination specified at this time I'm a bit surprised your boss didn't know which hotel they were staying in.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
had you booked and received confirmation of the chauffeur drive booking? It is not automatic when buying a business class ticket, as some passengers don't use it.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I can not imagine flying anywhere and not knowing where I was staying
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:00 am

Indeed - odd that the EK chauffeur would be expected to know which hotel to take the passenger but not the passenger himself.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:29 am

what is more puzzling is that OP would appear to have amended chauffeur booking but not the boss - why would they not have sent the boss a message with the amendments

Instead of posting question about how much they can demand why not look first at what went wrong and why

I would get a new PA myself
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Not enough info from OP yet to get the full story in my view . As mentioned EK accepts no liability , but for argument sake let's say everything was prearranged for the CD service via MMB before the 48 cut off period , you may get a few skyward miles as a good will gesture -but don't expect that. CD service provider for sure would get a bollocking from EK thou.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:35 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What do you mean it wasn't there? At HYD all the drivers stand together holding Emirates signs with the respective passengers names on them. When he didn't see his driver, did he not ask one of the other drivers?
Something just sounds off with all this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
Thanks for all the engagement, pretty impressed how certain things trigger lots of replies wheras other topics nada. Anyways, limo details were confirmed by EK on the booking a week ahead, why my boss didn't know the adress and why he didn't approach another driver I won't dive into(!), but regardless the service was not there, and since this is not the first time this have happened I thought I'd ask what one could expect, not that he does expect anything but worth a post I thought :-)
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by sohb
Thanks for all the engagement, pretty impressed how certain things trigger lots of replies wheras other topics nada. Anyways, limo details were confirmed by EK on the booking a week ahead, why my boss didn't know the adress and why he didn't approach another driver I won't dive into(!), but regardless the service was not there, and since this is not the first time this have happened I thought I'd ask what one could expect, not that he does expect anything but worth a post I thought :-)
Thanks for coming back and clarifying. Your original post left some room for speculation, which I think is one of the magical ingredients in FT viralness.

To the point, if it was confirmed ahead of time (and it was purely the wording of the original post that made me speculate otherwise) it is certainly very disappointing.

Compensation wise... EK is a bit stingy in that regard, especially with no status, and the fact it isn't really their fault that he then spent hours waiting at the airport for destination information (he could've gone go-karting, open until 4am!) Unfortunately HYD really doesn't have a lot of casual dining space for someone waiting around the airport, I guess the coffee shop (Cafe Coffee Day) in the arrivals area would be the only place, unless he went and paid for the lounge thing downstairs.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by sohb
Well, it must have been a sh*tty wake up call that morning!

Let us know what EK says.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:37 am

An irritating problem but I still don't really follow it all.

The traveller arrived in HYD without any idea where he was staying and dependent on an airline driver to know? And there was no-one from EK in the airport that could be asked? And the traveller didn't think to ask one of the other drivers?

Maybe a few Skywards miles for the service failure but come on, on any trip you have to take ownership yourself to a certain extent.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Good thing the stranded passenger wasn't questioned by immigration...

imigration: Where you going ?
Passenger : No clue , I just know there is a car waiting to take me somewhere.

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Good thing the stranded passenger wasn't questioned by immigration...

imigration: Where you going ?
Passenger : No clue , I just know there is a car waiting to take me somewhere.

Good point, foreigners need to fill in an immigration card with address in India when landing, how did that go?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:09 am

never understand why they ask as this is something never checked unless they are stopping you for some other reason when they could ask the question. All too often I just put in any name made up or otherwise if I do not know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.