FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK - no limo waiting in HYD
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:02 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sohb
Thanks for all the engagement, pretty impressed how certain things trigger lots of replies wheras other topics nada. Anyways, limo details were confirmed by EK on the booking a week ahead, why my boss didn't know the adress and why he didn't approach another driver I won't dive into(!), but regardless the service was not there, and since this is not the first time this have happened I thought I'd ask what one could expect, not that he does expect anything but worth a post I thought :-)
Thanks for coming back and clarifying. Your original post left some room for speculation, which I think is one of the magical ingredients in FT viralness.

To the point, if it was confirmed ahead of time (and it was purely the wording of the original post that made me speculate otherwise) it is certainly very disappointing.

Compensation wise... EK is a bit stingy in that regard, especially with no status, and the fact it isn't really their fault that he then spent hours waiting at the airport for destination information (he could've gone go-karting, open until 4am!) Unfortunately HYD really doesn't have a lot of casual dining space for someone waiting around the airport, I guess the coffee shop (Cafe Coffee Day) in the arrivals area would be the only place, unless he went and paid for the lounge thing downstairs.