Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tight connection in DXB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:37 am

I've done 60 min layovers on DUB-DXB-KUL from Y (so have to wait for all the F/J to vacate the DUB/DXB leg before I can) and when the first leg is late as mentioned above they have someone waiting. However I found waiting with that person for all the pax was slower than just legging it through security myself. All they did was wait until they had all the connecting folk (which could be the last person off the plane) then walk us to security, where we queued and waited until everyone was through, walked to the right departure area then legged to the gate. I guess the point was the second flight wasn't going anywhere until that person delivered all the connecting pax. I've been on many a flight at DXB that's waited for late inbound connecting flights.

The real annoyance for a <2h connection for me in Y is lack of good choice of seat on the second leg. The first leg check in can never give me an exit row seat on the second leg, I have to get that in the lounge in DXB but a 1h connection it too late for any alternative seat on a full flight.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Is the tighter connection time a play to make better use of gates given the bus drives to Sharjah and Al Ain that most have to make these days to make a flight?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apkeene

The real annoyance for a <2h connection for me in Y is lack of good choice of seat on the second leg. The first leg check in can never give me an exit row seat on the second leg, I have to get that in the lounge in DXB but a 1h connection it too late for any alternative seat on a full flight.
You can reserve the seats in advance when you pay a fee, and then it is not an issue.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by airsurfer
You can reserve the seats in advance when you pay a fee, and then it is not an issue.
You can indeed, but as my employer is too tight to pay the fee, its nice when the check in / lounge staff do their best to find gold customers the best seats...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.