Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates business lounge access denied?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates business lounge access denied?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by ioto1902
BK, as all burger fast foods, is not healthy.
Prefer something like O'Briens.
Personal preference I guess.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Cost wise you'd be better served going to Burger King than Marhaba
is it really that bad? i was considering paying for it
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
BK, as all burger fast foods, is not healthy.
Prefer something like O'Briens.
Then eat at O'Briens (whatever that is) the rest of the year. One nasty burger isn't going to do you any harm.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:16 pm

Double post.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by karim787
is it really that bad? i was considering paying for it
I haven't been but it's generally reported to be about as crowded as (...trying to think of something less offensive...)... India?

Also you pay extra for showers AFAIK, and any lounge buffet is never as amazing. For 40$, you'd be better of paying 20$ for something at O'briens (you'll probably get some onion rings, not much more). That being said, isn't O'brien's the Irish pub in Concourse C opposite and before the EK J lounge? Being a pub, also not recommended for a minor.

You can go to the Haagen Dasz place, or McDonalds, or Costa, or Ocean Basket (a South African franchise! yay!) or Starbucks (ugh...) but the point being, you should probably have booked the 1h transit
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:08 pm

That being said, isn't O'brien's the Irish pub in Concourse C opposite and before the EK J lounge?
That's McGettigans I think (I was in Concourse C for the first time in a while last week). I noticed the name as I still thought it was the Irish Something or other.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
That's McGettigans I think (I was in Concourse C for the first time in a while last week). I noticed the name as I still thought it was the Irish Something or other.
Yes! you're right. O'briens may well be another irish pub somewhere else, in recent years I've spent more time in the lounges and less in the terminals. There was a time I would be doing 17h transits airside in DXB with no lounge access (yes yes, I know.. I was young and had stamina...) and I would've known all these places but now...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
I noticed the name as I still thought it was the Irish Something or other.
There is (was?) also the Irish Village.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
I haven't been but it's generally reported to be about as crowded as (...trying to think of something less offensive...)... India?

Also you pay extra for showers AFAIK, and any lounge buffet is never as amazing. For 40$, you'd be better of paying 20$ for something at O'briens (you'll probably get some onion rings, not much more). That being said, isn't O'brien's the Irish pub in Concourse C opposite and before the EK J lounge? Being a pub, also not recommended for a minor.

You can go to the Haagen Dasz place, or McDonalds, or Costa, or Ocean Basket (a South African franchise! yay!) or Starbucks (ugh...) but the point being, you should probably have booked the 1h transit
There's an Ocean Basket at DXB!? Since when?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
There's an Ocean Basket at DXB!? Since when?
Always has been AFAIK. It's next to Burger King I think, it's at one of the ends of Concourse B, either the one leading to C or the other one.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There is (was?) also the Irish Village.
I think that's what I saw and it's now McGettigans, but it's been a while since I've not had lounge entry, or been to Concourse C, so not 100% sure.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
AFAIK this is not policy anymore.
As a "Young Traveller" in EK's books I have no problem entering the J lounge in DXB.
The way to tackle it is to take down the staff's name, make a verbal threat that you will take things to higher management and how much you spend on the airline and all of the "dragons" leave you alone. As a consumer paying a "Adult" fare anything and everything available to an older PAX should be available to myself. I have no hesitation of shouting at a phone agent and asking for a manager. Money doesn't grow on trees and my patience doens't either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.