Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need basics on waitlist to F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
Load management is one of eks strengths, however they are being tighter with upgrades to F
FWIW I booked away from Emirates, as I couldn't stomach the risk. But I still value the contributions from folks on this thread.

Jamie
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
FWIW I booked away from Emirates, as I couldn't stomach the risk. But I still value the contributions from folks on this thread.

Jamie
You bailed well too early!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:17 am
Original Poster

You bailed well too early!
Possibly. But I'm keeping ExpertFlyer alert, if awards are released I'll post back and hang my head in shame. Currently ticketed in JL via HND with a functioning WL and an airport standby program.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:33 am

Jamie
You couldn't stomach the risk of what? Having half a journey in F and half in J?

Poor you. You should have posted in the DYKWIA thread.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
You couldn't stomach the risk of what? Having half a journey in F and half in J?

Poor you. You should have posted in the DYKWIA thread.
Correct. I have reticketed on JL in F. Less stress, now I can look forward to my flight, still get to use QF lounge in SIN, and HND F lounge easily compares to DXB facilities, in my opinion.

Not sure why trying to maximize my comfort qualifies as DYKWIA behaviour, particularly on a site significantly devoted to premium travel.

Jamie
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:39 am

Correct. I have reticketed on JL in F. Less stress, now I can look forward to my flight, still get to use QF lounge in SIN, and HND F lounge easily compares to DXB facilities, in my opinion.

Not sure why trying to maximize my comfort qualifies as DYKWIA behaviour, particularly on a site significantly devoted to premium travel.

Jamie
HND F lounge isnt' as good as EK F lounges IMO, its nice but I know where I'd rather be.

And I get the F point. I have a flight to Beruit in J and I'm debating spending the miles although I'm on a flex/flex plus J and probabaly have a good shout an an op up.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

HND F lounge isnt' as good as EK F lounges IMO, its nice but I know where I'd rather be.

And I get the F point. I have a flight to Beruit in J and I'm debating spending the miles although I'm on a flex/flex plus J and probabaly have a good shout an an op up.
I was looking forward to DXB, and intended to buy up to the F lounge in the event my DXBJFK upgrade didn't happen. But with a mere 2 hours to connect + what I imagine is an earlier boarding time given the laptop issue, I couldn't be swayed by the ground experience. But I hear you. I will have explored the JL HND F lounge earlier in the week, so there won't be any surprise factor, either. But I have 5 hours in HND, so I can also check out the CX lounge. I debated going into town (APEC card helps), but it'll be early Saturday morning and as much as I love Tokyo, I'm not sure what I'd do at that hour. Thinking of trying to take a nap so that I can really enjoy the longhaul JL F product.

Spend the miles and upgrade! Good luck to Beirut.

Best, Jamie
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:09 am

Spend the miles, op-ups are non-existant these days. I've gone from op-ups every other flights to none in the last 6 months.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Spend the miles, op-ups are non-existant these days. I've gone from op-ups every other flights to none in the last 6 months.
if there was availablity I would!

Jamie - go to Tokyo - even if i had 3 hours I'd do that...go to the hedgehog cafe in Harajuku
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:16 am
Original Poster

if there was availablity I would!

Jamie - go to Tokyo - even if i had 3 hours I'd do that...go to the hedgehog cafe in Harajuku
My layover is something like 0500 to 1000, besides being a bit of a haul to Harajuku, the cafe opens daily at noon. Still, at the hour, I could try to head to Tsukiji for breakfast, I suppose.

Jamie
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:34 pm

My layover is something like 0500 to 1000, besides being a bit of a haul to Harajuku, the cafe opens daily at noon. Still, at the hour, I could try to head to Tsukiji for breakfast, I suppose.

Jamie
Worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.