Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates need a dress code for passengers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates need a dress code for passengers!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
My preference is that the female passengers all wear burkhas - there are some damn ugly women out there
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:14 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Originally Posted by RTWFF
My preference is that the female passengers all wear burkhas - there are some damn ugly women out there
Wow
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:17 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
There may be plenty of the fairer sex saying the same about us blokes.

S
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Don't feed the troll guys.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GlenP
My God! You're psychic!

I had exactly the same thought upon first reading this thread, but didn't have tome to find the mankini shot before leaving for work.

Twins separated at birth?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Emirates really should enforce a stricter dress code so that passengers are wearing more appropriate clothing on their aircraft. It doesn't take much effort to dress more respectfully in the company of 500 or so people.

I am glad I also book the suites. I would wear one of those "things" but I would scare myself after seeing me in the mirror. I'll just stick with my "leggings."
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I had a flight to the US last year in EK J where a man came out of the toilet only wearing his boxer shorts and a T shirt. One way to insure you are comfortable I guess.

I didn't have my phone with me so couldn't snap a picture for "passenger shaming"!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by rumbataz
The general standards of passengers (in Economy mainly) on board Emirates flights has gradually been getting lower over the years. I think this is mainly due to cheaper tickets and an abundance of LHR-DXB flights every day.

In combination with the more 'chavvy' element on board, the sense of dress code is lacking too. There really is no need to wear a gym mesh singlet and running shorts on board an aircraft.

Emirates really should enforce a stricter dress code so that passengers are wearing more appropriate clothing on their aircraft. It doesn't take much effort to dress more respectfully in the company of 500 or so people.
Yeah, but was she cute?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
The general standards of passengers (in Economy mainly) on board Emirates flights has gradually been getting lower over the years. I think this is mainly due to cheaper tickets and an abundance of LHR-DXB flights every day.

In combination with the more 'chavvy' element on board, the sense of dress code is lacking too. There really is no need to wear a gym mesh singlet and running shorts on board an aircraft.

Isn't that pretty much aligned to most of the tourist visiting the city ? Dubai is turning into chav central (or already has become a chav central)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Isn't that pretty much aligned to most of the tourist visiting the city ? Dubai is turning into chav central (or already has become a chav central)
To a great extent it does rather depend on where one decides to hang out
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
And there are some damn stupid men out there too. My preference would be an IQ test for male passengers.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
And there are some damn stupid men out there too. My preference would be an IQ test for male passengers.
Damn.... I'd never be allowed on a plane again
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:38 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Damn.... I'd never be allowed on a plane again
The mankinis might win it for entertainment factor

S
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Dress code? I only wear sweats... nothing like wandering through first class lounge in sweats in sneakers.

I always have connecting flights and usually go to a destination 7-13 hours in flight. there's no way in hell your expecting me to wear fitting fancy clothes to board a plane. I want to be comfortable, even if i'm switching to pjs.

People showering should be more of a concern than a dress code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.