Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ek18 today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:20 am

BIT, Business improvement techniques :-)

Originally Posted by thijsseh
A short lesson in root cause determination:

Start asking 'why':
'Why would the wheels not retract ' is only the first question.
Once you get a reply (for instance 'the locking pin was not removed'), ask:
'Why was the locking pin not removed'
Once you get the answer to that, continue to ask 'why' (like a 2 year old) until there is no need to ask more questions and there is a clear path to prevent recurrence (or to reduce the chance of recurrence).

It is unlikely that you will need to ask 'why' more than 5 times, hence the name '5 whys' for this problem solving technique.

[/ lecturing mode off....]
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Also an airport where they are pretty much guaranteed to get both A380 qualified engineers and parts without delay!
I doubt they are in a rush to get it fixed.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
When I saw that EK18 had been diverted, my first thought was that they had run out of booze in the bar and the passengers revolted!

Second thought was the M3red had gotten a bit rowdy (sorry M3red, but you and EK18 are now linked forever in my mind!....haha)

Bit of a nothing issue really, but kudos to the boys and girls up front who where probably sweating a little bit until they were on the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.