Search

Disruptive (drunk) passenger in F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Richard Gibson
I had three drunk passengers in CE on BA , one of whom was exceptionally disruptive to the point of sitting in the wrong seat, removing trousers etc. I formally complained to BA and never heard back, whilst on board I was told "theres not much we can do as he's a gold member"..... unreal how relaxed airlines are to this sort of behaviour.
I'd guess that was obvious once he'd gotten rid of the trousers...?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by HKprince
The crew brushed it off and said she had a lot of experience in this industry...
LOL! A lot of "experience" covering her you-know-what, knowing there's no repercussion for her personally if she over-serves a big spender! Terrible attitude. Really atrocious.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I'd guess that was obvious once he'd gotten rid of the trousers...?
+1
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Skywards, Silver
I have to admit that I am one of those pax who get wasted on every flight. In fact, the crew usually suggest that I do so, because being unconscious in my seat is better than calling a crew-member every 30 minutes because I think the engine sounds wrong, or I have to ask for the 20th time if the turbulence we are flying through is going to kill us or not.

Having become a monthly flyer on Emirates, I actually get served before take-off (in economy) on some flights where the crew knows me LOL.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:34 pm

I spose....but it is not fun having a drunk that end up puking sitting nearby on a plane. I think I would rather have the snakes on a plane than a drunk on a plane, just sayin'

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Bizarre... everyone would then just go to the pre-security bars that would open within about 5 minutes of this new rule.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Marc Liljeqvist
I have to admit that I am one of those pax who get wasted on every flight. In fact, the crew usually suggest that I do so, because being unconscious in my seat is better than calling a crew-member every 30 minutes because I think the engine sounds wrong, or I have to ask for the 20th time if the turbulence we are flying through is going to kill us or not.

Having become a monthly flyer on Emirates, I actually get served before take-off (in economy) on some flights where the crew knows me LOL.
How would you cope in an emergency evacuation in your 'wasted' state, and would you hinder other passengers trying to evacuate the plane.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rumbataz
How would you cope in an emergency evacuation in your 'wasted' state, and would you hinder other passengers trying to evacuate the plane.
I always manage to find the toilet and the bar so I think I can find the exit
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:14 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Not that Emirates would ever give up what is, IMO, their strongest draw as an airline (fine wine and spirits), but adrenaline can counter the effects of alcohol in emergencies.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Marc Liljeqvist

I think it's often the nervous flyers who overindulge. You should look into an anti-anxiety medication rather than getting wasted on every flight!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by m3red
I always manage to find the toilet and the bar so I think I can find the exit
I dread to imagine the state of the J and F toilets. The poor cleaning crew. Do they wear biohazard suits when they clean them?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Why would being "wasted" cause an issue? If I've had a few, I can still walk perfectly well to an exit.

I'd be more worried about :-

1. Families trying to get their kids blocking the aisles
2. Idiots trying to get their bags blocking the aisles
3. Disabled people blocking the aisles
4. People generally panicking and not knowing where the nearest exit was.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I dread to imagine the state of the J and F toilets. The poor cleaning crew. Do they wear biohazard suits when they clean them?
Just because you can't control yourself when you've had a sniff of alcohol, doesn't mean that other people cant!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Why would being "wasted" cause an issue? If I've had a few, I can still walk perfectly well to an exit.

I'd be more worried about :-

1. Families trying to get their kids blocking the aisles
2. Idiots trying to get their bags blocking the aisles
3. Disabled people blocking the aisles
4. People generally panicking and not knowing where the nearest exit was.
But why make the problem worse?

An emergency evacuation could be a life and death situation. Thankfully, it's extremely rare. But if you intentionally drink too much to the point of being incapacitated, then you become an additional hazard to yourself AND other passengers.

Sure, there are other hindrances, but we're talking about people who drink themselves into oblivion on board an aircrft here, rather than unavoidable impediments.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
But why make the problem worse?

An emergency evacuation could be a life and death situation. Thankfully, it's extremely rare. But if you intentionally drink too much to the point of being incapacitated, then you become an additional hazard to yourself AND other passengers.

Sure, there are other hindrances, but we're talking about people who drink themselves into oblivion on board an aircrft here, rather than unavoidable impediments.
Calm down, i am sure they wont be drinking so much that they cannot stand. I am confident the Emirates Staff would not serve you to get into that state
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by scotclif
Calm down, i am sure they wont be drinking so much that they cannot stand. I am confident the Emirates Staff would not serve you to get into that state
There was one time on a short flight back from Amman that didn't end well for me.

And me drinking a bottle of champagne is like some of you light weights having a bottle of Voss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.