Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

I mean, seriously? How did this happen. (Again)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I mean, seriously? How did this happen. (Again)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
I had to chip in as I still remember the last time you swore you wouldn't fly EK again... back in 2011. And then you went to BA, then came back to EK, and was it back again to BA and then to EK again?

I'll remind you to re-read my post from 2011

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post17545609

and remember to highlight "You need to re-adjust the way you look at things. This is commercial plane travel - things happen, things will go wrong and service will not always be 100%."
Interesting - and probably explains why the OP didn't get taxi costs back when CD didn't pick up and why they refused to renew Platinum for him even just being short of miles: he has a note on his internal skywards profile as being a serial complainer who is never happy, yet still ends up flying with them

Guess you can't play the loyal customer card when asking for leniency about rules when they have records that contradict (i.e. used other airlines when dissatisfied for a while)...

Goes to show the power of shiny cards and points programmes
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Dear OP,
I'm not sure to get your point.
What's your message ?
He's not changing his user name anytime soon?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by EK004 Regular

I suppose I am admitting that, as in group therapy, I am a weak individual who will chase miles and points to get status, no matter how poor I thought an airlines customer service was.
Simple question - what is so important about status. Do the hoi poloi drop to the floor and prostate themselves upon you turning your countenance upon them. Do divine goddess like women throw themselves at you ?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by steveben53
Simple question - what is so important about status. Do the hoi poloi drop to the floor and prostate themselves upon you turning your countenance upon them. Do divine goddess like women throw themselves at you ?
Of course they do, that's why I desperately chase status, too. Though the goddesses are limited until you reach Plat, then the party truly gets started. I flash my Gold card at the grocery store and the entire queue will uniformly step aside in awe to let me pass without waiting. Also great for traffic jams. I have a Gold siren and A3 printouts of the card in my rear windows for everyone to see and then they understand why they should be allowing me to pass.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by steveben53
Probably not, but free seat selection, guaranteed seats, free Gold partner, extra miles, less queueing at check in or boarding, extra and expedited baggage, lounges and instant upgrades might just make status worthwhile.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Probably not, but free seat selection, guaranteed seats, free Gold partner, extra miles, less queueing at check in or boarding, extra and expedited baggage, lounges and instant upgrades might just make status worthwhile.
So the people chatting up women in Y offering to guest into lounges for champagne isn't the main reason they got the card in the first place?!?!?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by ft101
But if you already buy first class, you already get those things.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: Skywards
I thought that this thread would be about unfinished trip reports
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
There's nothing to indicate that in the post I replied to.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
women and champagne?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by m3red
women and champagne?
And there I was thinking an instant upgrade to the cockpit and a free gold partner...of sorts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.