Fast Track at HKT

Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2
I also arrive at 8am and in J and disappointing no fast track - still debating with myself about paying for the service though.
Let me know how it is. We don't go til jan.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by seavisionburma
This is a broad question - what location on the island are you after, what level of accommodation, what type (ie resort, serviced apartment, private villas, ROTM hotel etc), and what facilities are you looking for?
It is indeed a broad question (sorry!) and veering off-topic (double sorry!).

I suppose I really should do some research... but even then the choices are overwhelming. So I will take a moment to be a bit lazy and ask here: beach or inland, not a ginormous hotel/resort, preferably sub $1,000 a night, not too hard to get to, traveling as a couple, excellent food, impeccable service. For example, if there was a Four Seasons, I would seriously consider it as they consistently get things right globally.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
sub $1,000
that's a ridiculously high budget in Thailand.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
that's a ridiculously high budget in Thailand.
For Thailand yes, but for high-top end Phuket in high season (i.e. Nov-Jan), not so much.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
For Thailand yes, but for high-top end Phuket in high season (i.e. Nov-Jan), not so much.
Six senses is 1000 a night in Jan.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red
Six senses is 1000 a night in Jan.
Is that where you are staying? If so,
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
1000GBP is only about her 43USD these days isn't it?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by m3red
Let me know how it is. We don't go til jan.

Yes m3red I will. Fingers crossed it's not too bad
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yup 4 nights 22k AED
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:00 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by seavisionburma
Thanks for the above info - so the inbound Immigration Fast Track/VIP meeting service is definitely up and running since the new airport opened on 16th September?

Please provide contact info for the company providing this service as I would like to book for a family coming in this week with a special needs child - and would like for them to not have to endure the long inbound immigration queues on that particular night
http://www.coralphuket.com/fast-track-mmigration.html

p.s. have never seen airside car pick up per the website pics - lol - not that its needed!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by extramileage
It is indeed a broad question (sorry!) and veering off-topic (double sorry!).

I suppose I really should do some research... but even then the choices are overwhelming. So I will take a moment to be a bit lazy and ask here: beach or inland, not a ginormous hotel/resort, preferably sub $1,000 a night, not too hard to get to, traveling as a couple, excellent food, impeccable service. For example, if there was a Four Seasons, I would seriously consider it as they consistently get things right globally.
A no-brainer. Your budget might be sufficient

http://trisara.com
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by NoY
A no-brainer. Your budget might be sufficient

http://trisara.com
Thanks for the rec, exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by NoY
http://www.coralphuket.com/fast-track-mmigration.html

p.s. have never seen airside car pick up per the website pics - lol - not that its needed!
Complimentary food and drinks in arrivals lounge too looking at their website for International Arrivals.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:46 am

Just back from HKT on Saturday travelling in Y.

The queues for immigration upon arrival were horrific, we queued for well over an hour with 2 small kids.

Strangely on departure, when we got to the desk to drop our bags, the agent introduced us to someone who would fasttrack us through immigration & security. (Again travelling in Y) - it was a godsend.

If we're going back to Phuket, I'll definately be using the Coral Assistance on arrival.

Slightly off topic, but when we got to HKT on Saturday for check-in, we noticed someone filming our kids with his phone - he made it quite obvious and when I asked him why he was doing it & to stop, he said it was just to measure the time from entering the Airport to going through security. (He had airport ID)

We raised it with the check-in agent and the man swiftly disappeared. We asked for them to contact security and request the video be deleted.

He appeared again filming us when we were going down the escalator to the gate - I asked to speak to security and got him to show me his phone and to delete the videos.

He apologized but it was a strange experience
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Kyka
Just back from HKT on Saturday travelling in Y.

The queues for immigration upon arrival were horrific, we queued for well over an hour with 2 small kids.

Strangely on departure, when we got to the desk to drop our bags, the agent introduced us to someone who would fasttrack us through immigration & security. (Again travelling in Y) - it was a godsend.

If we're going back to Phuket, I'll definately be using the Coral Assistance on arrival.

Slightly off topic, but when we got to HKT on Saturday for check-in, we noticed someone filming our kids with his phone - he made it quite obvious and when I asked him why he was doing it & to stop, he said it was just to measure the time from entering the Airport to going through security. (He had airport ID)

We raised it with the check-in agent and the man swiftly disappeared. We asked for them to contact security and request the video be deleted.

He appeared again filming us when we were going down the escalator to the gate - I asked to speak to security and got him to show me his phone and to delete the videos.

He apologized but it was a strange experience
What time did you arrive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.