Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates customer service and DubaiVisa.net horrible experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:38 am
Original Poster

I am in a dilemma. I fly from the US July 23rd. I had applied for a UAE visa and received an email saying it was approved. But no e-visa was sent to me. I emailed 5 times to customer service and no response even though they claim to respond in 2 days.

Then I call Emirates and the operators claim it's an outside agency who THEY are promoting on their website but they have no information for me. Or one operator says in my 4 years I have worked here this has never happened. How does that help me?
Then another Emirates operator asks me to check the online tracking which I do and it says Visa approved click the link to download the application but there is no link
provided.

The dvpc vfs global site is horrible and so is their customer service.

Between 10 phone calls and no visa I don't know what to do. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience and how did it get resolved.?

Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by samkha
I am in a dilemma. I fly from the US July 23rd. I had applied for a UAE visa and received an email saying it was approved. But no e-visa was sent to me. I emailed 5 times to customer service and no response even though they claim to respond in 2 days.

Then I call Emirates and the operators claim it's an outside agency who THEY are promoting on their website but they have no information for me. Or one operator says in my 4 years I have worked here this has never happened. How does that help me?
Then another Emirates operator asks me to check the online tracking which I do and it says Visa approved click the link to download the application but there is no link
provided.

The dvpc vfs global site is horrible and so is their customer service.

Between 10 phone calls and no visa I don't know what to do. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience and how did it get resolved.?

I do not need a visa however a friend of mine does and has applied once via website/vfs global, also an absolut mess. I know that you can also apply through EK (not vfs global), I guess you have to walk into a town office or send an email to them, they have an extra charge for the visa but also have full control (and I assume works way better than vfs).

edit: maybe you do not get a confirmation, as in the past, the visa was valid for 60d from the date of issue, so they applied/confirmed max. 30d before departure (not sure if this has changed...)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Never had an issue with UAE visa via VFS or TTS in Abu Dhabi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.