Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y meal choice availability

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Y meal choice availability

Curious to find out your thoughts ? Do you make a big deal of when they run out of your meal choice in Y ? Just had this lady ripping the crew apart because they ran out of chicken and saying that it was unacceptable given she's a Gold member ?

Personally I find that kind of behaviour quite shocking.

comments ?
Old May 19, 2016, 1:57 pm

Well, it seems like she is a member all right.

It is a minor issue - there was another meal available yes? - and thus I wouldn't care and certainly wouldn't throw a tantrum over it. It would be unacceptable if it was a SPML order or no food was available at all, but a regular meal choice? It happens.

Sure, it would be nice if the asking a HVC customer for a first preference meal choice happened as a matter of course, but if I had such fussy eating habits I would of course ensure I had my own food provisions/ordered a SPML after reading the menu.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'm curious, did she end up getting chicken? There are always a few hidden away somewhere unless you're literally the last person being served.

It is unacceptable behaviour, either indicate your preferred choice to the crew early on if the other option isn't acceptable to you (pork if you don't eat pork for religious reasons for instance, or just for personal reasons), or pick a seat near the front. I always sit in the first mini-cabin of Y, seat 19K,20K or 21K typically and never have a problem with first preference.

Being friendly also goes a long way. I've had crew conjur up veg meals for me when the menu didn't have any veg option (when I was younger and was a vegetarian and travelled alone a lot and usually had SPML but on that occasion didn't for some reason). I think it was their crew meal, a nice overcooked pasta.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
(pork if you don't eat pork for religious reasons for instance, or just for personal reasons),
Not the best example for EK
Old May 20, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by weasel07
Not the best example for EK
Fair.. In fact I don't think I recall ever being offered pork on any airline. It's just a good example as I don't eat it

Fine, fish then.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
It doesn't particularly bother me, they are hardly "fine dining" anyway.

On a recent DXB-DUB they ran out of my first choice - Lamb and mashed potatoes. The stewardess told me that on all DUB bound flights mashed potato disappears very quickly

Irish people and their potatoes stereotype reinforced!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.