Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Reciprocity with Other Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - GM, MM; AS - MVP Gold

Will Emirates give me Gold Status if I show them documentation of Gold in AA and DL? Thanks
Old May 9, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by brudoburns
Will Emirates give me Gold Status if I show them documentation of Gold in AA and DL? Thanks
Possibly, if you show a future intent to travel with bookings and you ask at a local office where EK is keen to promote flights over the competition.

There are however tons of golds 30 plus often on flights so if you fly business anyway there are only a couple of small benefits - more points earned and more luggage allowance.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Get the NBD card for life time silver status then its easy to be gold if they dont accept
Old May 11, 2016, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by weld3z
Get the NBD card for life time silver status then its easy to be gold if they dont accept
The OPs information indicates he/she is from Los Angeles and is therefore unlikely to qualify for this.
Old May 11, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: Etihad,
NBD card ?
Old May 12, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by ashparm1
NBD card ?
National Bank of Dubai

As far as extra luggage allowance, that really does not work if your flying to/from the US since those flights are by pc, not by weight. I could be wrong as I only know F class allowances but I do know F class passengers are ALL allowed 2 pcs to the US, regardless of status. I know the max weight is 70lbs per pc. Do Gold passengers traveling to the US get extra weight allowance? I know regardless it's 2 pcs, unlike the US carriers who give elites an extra bag (3 in the case of United)
Old May 12, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
National Bank of Dubai

As far as extra luggage allowance, that really does not work if your flying to/from the US since those flights are by pc, not by weight. I could be wrong as I only know F class allowances but I do know F class passengers are ALL allowed 2 pcs to the US, regardless of status. I know the max weight is 70lbs per pc. Do Gold passengers traveling to the US get extra weight allowance? I know regardless it's 2 pcs, unlike the US carriers who give elites an extra bag (3 in the case of United)
No there are no status-based allowances on the piece concept, which has now also been introduce for flights departing Southern Africa (not sure if all Africa). It is 2 pieces, 23kg each in Y, 32kg in J and I believe the same in F (since I think 32kg/70lbs is the global max allowed for a single piece if it isn't an overweight/bulk item).
Old May 13, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No there are no status-based allowances on the piece concept, which has now also been introduce for flights departing Southern Africa (not sure if all Africa). It is 2 pieces, 23kg each in Y, 32kg in J and I believe the same in F (since I think 32kg/70lbs is the global max allowed for a single piece if it isn't an overweight/bulk item).
Right, that's what I said. Yes, it's 32Kg for first too, it's that max allowed as you said. EK should allow an extra pc for Plat and maybe Gold too. That's what all the alliances do. It would not make a dent in aircraft weight since very few people actually check 3 bags, even if allowed.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:20 am

Right, that's what I said.
Sorry was replying to your question:

Do Gold passengers traveling to the US get extra weight allowance?
I agree on the extra allowance, though I actually never check a bag on EK, I just travel with carry-on.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Sorry was replying to your question:

I agree on the extra allowance, though I actually never check a bag on EK, I just travel with carry-on.
I hate passengers like you . I can't even fit all my carry on in my carry on ??
Old May 13, 2016, 4:39 am

I hate passengers like you . I can't even fit all my carry on in my carry on ??
Haha... one hard-shell roller well within the size limits and a small laptop bag and I'm sorted
Old May 13, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by weld3z
As far as I am aware, the NBD card does NOT fast track you to Gold, you still have to earn the full threshold to get there, but happy to be proven wrong.

GenevaFlyer
Old May 14, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
As far as I am aware, the NBD card does NOT fast track you to Gold, you still have to earn the full threshold to get there, but happy to be proven wrong.

GenevaFlyer
Your right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.