Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Cash upgrade to LED in the airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR rewards

DXB to LED
Price on bussniess class was 9000 to 11000 AED last 3 month now when i check its 14600 with only flex and flex plus i dont want to use my miles if i ask for upgrade by cash in the airport at check in can i find better price ?

Im silver with 90k miles visiting LED for 3 days also my dates are flixable from 15 to 25 any suggestion ?

why the price is higher now its a 6 hours flight with 777

Just booked DXB to PVG for 8895 AED bussniess class 9 hours in a 380 !!

I know its not the range or type of aircraft but 1000 USD increase in price in 1 month why !!
Old May 3, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
The airport upgrade price will be the fare difference plus any change fee. EK does not offer discounted upgrades at airport. The price change is due to demand. More people want to fly to LED on the date that youre travelling and therefore saver J class is sold out and now only flex and flex plus available
Old May 4, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
airline prices are not decided by the length/duration of the flight or type of aircraft, it's based on how much people are willing to pay.
And a 9hr flight could be cheaper for EK to operate than a 6 hour of the flyover rights are cheaper, airport costs/turnaround costs are lower etc. Especially at a station with several daily EK flights which spreads the overheads of the local staff, vs a station with a single daily flight
Old May 4, 2016, 1:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
The airport upgrade price will be the fare difference plus any change fee. EK does not offer discounted upgrades at airport. The price change is due to demand. More people want to fly to LED on the date that youre travelling and therefore saver J class is sold out and now only flex and flex plus available
EK do occasionally offer airport upgrades. If they are overbooked in Y, and light in J, they sometimes offer the upgrades rather than op-upping.
Old May 5, 2016, 1:44 am

Also, there are advance purchase windows for the cheapest fares which are now probably unavailable.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for replay ..

Here is what im planing to do , buy a one way economy for 1600 AED (flex) something around 30k miles if i want to upgrade then LED to DXB for 8665 AED wich will give me 10500 tire miles + 6000 the total diffrance - 1600 the economy ticket = 4400 AED saving + any time back to LED 😁

So i can buy the tickets from LED instead of DXB from now on and save 6k if the price stay that high from DXB .. Any suggestions ?

Last edited by weld3z; May 5, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

I visit LED 2-3 times every year 😍 And only EK have direct flight from GCC area !

Last edited by weld3z; May 5, 2016 at 10:28 pm Reason: Falt
Old May 29, 2016, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Update:
Bought economy class for something around 3000 AED one saver the other flex.. got an email from emirates if i want to upgrade for 2250 one way wich i did 😀

Business sold for 14600 !
If they send me the same offer for returning ticket i well pay around 7500 only , AMAZING

Note : no car no lounge access and no Bussniess class miles ,don't care silver can use the lounge in Dubai ,car is not important yees i want the extra miles but I save 7000 AED!!

Last edited by weld3z; May 29, 2016 at 5:29 am
Old May 29, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Some routes are indeed looking like a good value in J these days. NBO>DXB>IAD return that's 5 hours in a 777-300ER and 14 hours in an a380 for only USD 2400. Wonder what you guys think about that, but I'm thinking that's fairly well priced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.