Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 F Class Reward tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

3 F Class Reward tickets

Ive been looking to book 3(2 adult 1 child) F class reward tickets for JFK-MXP. Up until about a week ago, emirates was releasing only 2 seats more than 180 days out and releasing the third exactly 180 days out. All of a sudden they stopped releasing the third seat. Anyone know their policy on this? Would i be better off locking up the two seats and hoping they release a third or leaving the seats open? I am transferring miles from AMex so i dont want to move the miles if i cant get all 3 seats. We also have a lap infant, so realistically if we dont get the third tickets we wont make the trip.(AKA 2 F and 1 C wont work) Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jonnyboy2222
Ive been looking to book 3(2 adult 1 child) F class reward tickets for JFK-MXP. Up until about a week ago, emirates was releasing only 2 seats more than 180 days out and releasing the third exactly 180 days out. All of a sudden they stopped releasing the third seat. Anyone know their policy on this? Would i be better off locking up the two seats and hoping they release a third or leaving the seats open? I am transferring miles from AMex so i dont want to move the miles if i cant get all 3 seats. We also have a lap infant, so realistically if we dont get the third tickets we wont make the trip.(AKA 2 F and 1 C wont work) Any advice would be appreciated.
It's quite rare to get 3 f seats. I suggest purchasing the infant seat and booking the adults on points.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

to clarify, its 2 adults, one child and 1 lap infant
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jonnyboy2222
to clarify, its 2 adults, one child and 1 lap infant
How old is the child?

You'll struggle to get 3 f reward seats on Ek, I struggle with 2!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Indeed.

Given that m3red has the added benefit of Plat status and knows all the tricks of the trade as far as EK is concerned, and still struggles sometimes to get 2 F rewards, I think you would have to be pretty lucky to snag 3.

Just how important is the trip ....?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Indeed.

Given that m3red has the added benefit of Plat status and knows all the tricks of the trade as far as EK is concerned, and still struggles sometimes to get 2 F rewards, I think you would have to be pretty lucky to snag 3.

Just how important is the trip ....?
Yes and my wife is plat too. They will usually let me have 2 Z seats, 5 days out these days. Anyone else would need to be space available at check in. I also find that on MAN there are always pilots plus families taking the spare F seats so they tend to go full.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: Skywards
the dates far out have only 2Z, closer to departure there might be a 3rd seat (and in my experience not so hard on the JFK-MXP flight; for sure hard on the flights m3red is on though)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.