Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Dubai lounge

We are flying Man to Bne next week, business and have transits of 2 hrs 40 outbound & just 2 hrs inbound. By the time we disembark, won't it almost be time to start boarding the next flight? Will we even manage to make it to the lounge? What do others do with these short transit times?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Katykat
We are flying Man to Bne next week, business and have transits of 2 hrs 40 outbound & just 2 hrs inbound. By the time we disembark, won't it almost be time to start boarding the next flight? Will we even manage to make it to the lounge? What do others do with these short transit times?
2h40 should give you while in the lounge assuming the flight is on time, and doesn't drop you off at a remote gate.

2h should just about be possible to get a glass of wine*/shower*/loo visit* (*choose only one of the options).

Knowing your way around DXB could save you 15 minutes... So, if you've been before, you'll be at an advantage.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Knowing your way around DXB could save you 15 minutes... So, if you've been before, you'll be at an advantage.
Well I've been to Dubai airport several times but to be honest, it seems to change between visits. I've also transited through lots of other airports and I get confused thinking I know the place when in fact I have a different airport in my mind. I had thought that we should get a decent interval in the lounge as we would have priority disembarking but Emerates changed our outbound aircraft to a 2 class and it seems we now have to wait until the upper level Y disembark first.
Still, I am actually looking forward to this journey as its our first time in business class. Previously traveled Y and dreaded it.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Katykat
Well I've been to Dubai airport several times but to be honest, it seems to change between visits.
I know what you mean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.