Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Saver ticket - another IT issue?

Old Jan 14, 16, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G̶o̶l̶d̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ 'boarding zone F', IHG

I have a booking in Economy Saver (out) and Business Saver (return). By the rules, Saver upgrades are only available 24 hours before departure. I'm a few weeks away from departure, yet MMB shows an available J>F upgrade on one of the legs, and the upgrade cost shown is the Flex upgrade miles (not the higher Saver miles).

It isn't the leg I want to upgrade (saving up for a different leg to become available), so I won't click through, but curious - is this an EK IT issue? Or is there an explanation?
Old Jan 14, 16, 8:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ashivraj View Post
I have a booking in Economy Saver (out) and Business Saver (return). By the rules, Saver upgrades are only available 24 hours before departure. I'm a few weeks away from departure, yet MMB shows an available J>F upgrade on one of the legs, and the upgrade cost shown is the Flex upgrade miles (not the higher Saver miles).

It isn't the leg I want to upgrade (saving up for a different leg to become available), so I won't click through, but curious - is this an EK IT issue? Or is there an explanation?
I'd take it!
Old Jan 14, 16, 8:33 am

Programs: Skywards

kinda - Business Saver are upgradeable, only Y is 24h before departure but the miles are wrong
Old Jan 14, 16, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK G̶o̶l̶d̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ 'boarding zone F', IHG
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
I'd take it!
DMM-DXB in F is hardly worth it I'm holding out (and saving up) for DXB-MAN so I can fully experience the cigar bar in the EK F Lounge and Hennessey in my pyjamas... 777 or 388 3-class, I'm not fussy!

Except for how status-heavy the route is with you horrible, horrible Platinums...
Old Jan 14, 16, 10:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
DMM-DXB in F is hardly worth it I'm holding out (and saving up) for DXB-MAN so I can fully experience the cigar bar in the EK F Lounge and Hennessey in my pyjamas... 777 or 388 3-class, I'm not fussy!

Except for how status-heavy the route is with you horrible, horrible Platinums...
Man is crazy busy!
Old Jan 15, 16, 4:26 pm

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
Harsh lol

Search this Thread
Search Engine: