Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates 24 hour cancellation policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates 24 hour cancellation policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Question Emirates 24 hour cancellation policy

Hello,

I just booked a ticket on Emirates.com, for a flight from Toronto to DXB , flight is in November.

Does emirates have a 24 hour no charge cancellation and refund policy ?

I could not find the info on the EK website. Google search says EK will charge the 200$ mentioned in the ticket booking page , for all cancellation and refund requests.

Can someone please clarify ? Thanks

Last edited by Toronto1; Sep 24, 2015 at 3:38 am
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If the fare has a $200 cancellation penalty, then that will be applied - there is a rule that requires airlines for fares from USA to have to allow a hold or cancel within 24 hours , but that does not apply e;lsewhere

if you made a silly mistake on something like date, I have found that Emirates will allow that to be fixed is contacted promptly after making a booking
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The 24 hour rule is a USA DOT regulation, where the carrier has an option to instead offer a 24 hour (free) hold policy for tickets. It would not normally apply to a ME3 ticket from Canada to Dubai.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Anyone have any idea when the 24 hours is up?
I booked a ticket yesterday, which ticketed around 2.30pm EST, so 24 hours is almost up. However some airlines, AA, UA etc, say you can cancel up to midnight the next day.
Anyone know if EK does the same?
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Anyone have any idea when the 24 hours is up?
I booked a ticket yesterday, which ticketed around 2.30pm EST, so 24 hours is almost up. However some airlines, AA, UA etc, say you can cancel up to midnight the next day.
Anyone know if EK does the same?
possible too late, but you can cancel within 24h of booking creation free of charge. the may stretch it 2-3h but nothing official

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.