Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Best Price Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Emirates Best Price Guarantee

Hello all. Anyone have any experience submitting an Emirates Best Price Guarantee? Their website says they'll have a final decision in 72 hours and it's been 2 weeks since I submitted and no decision yet. I've contacted their customer service and they keep asking for more time.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purplestraw
Hello all. Anyone have any experience submitting an Emirates Best Price Guarantee? Their website says they'll have a final decision in 72 hours and it's been 2 weeks since I submitted and no decision yet. I've contacted their customer service and they keep asking for more time.
Thought I'd let everyone know that Emirates did get back to me. My claim was approved. Took almost a month for a final decision, but at least it was a positive result.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thought I'd let everyone know that Emirates did get back to me. My claim was approved. Took almost a month for a final decision, but at least it was a positive result.
How much was it for?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Took almost a month for a final decision, but at least it was a positive result.

Almost a month .....

So then .... not really ideal for anyone who likes to travel on impulse .....!!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
How much was it for?
Not much. About $100.

Originally Posted by subject2load
Almost a month .....

So then .... not really ideal for anyone who likes to travel on impulse .....!!
Well, you have to book the flight anyway to be able to make the claim so whether the trip is next week or next year, if it's legit the claim should be approved. Just a bit surprised it took so long, especially since their site promises a decision in 72 hours. If they hadn't stated that I wouldn't have raised the question.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi purplestraw - fair enough, understood. Glad you finally got something at the end of it all ! (should stress I intended no criticism of your own approach......my comment was purely about excessive delay on the part of EK)

I have now had a good read of the small print T&C's relating to this guarantee, and I seriously doubt they could have made them any more onerous

I have a vision of the meeting at which this marketing tactic was first discussed, with various EK managers sitting around a table and saying ...."ok guys.....we need to make this offer look attractive BUT ..... at the same time we really must do everything possible to make life difficult for anyone thinking of claiming ....."

Came across this thread on the subject, dating back to 2011. Puts it all in perspective I'd say .....!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...its-worth.html
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load
Hi purplestraw - fair enough, understood. Glad you finally got something at the end of it all ! (should stress I intended no criticism of your own approach......my comment was purely about excessive delay on the part of EK)

I have now had a good read of the small print T&C's relating to this guarantee, and I seriously doubt they could have made them any more onerous

I have a vision of the meeting at which this marketing tactic was first discussed, with various EK managers sitting around a table and saying ...."ok guys.....we need to make this offer look attractive BUT ..... at the same time we really must do everything possible to make life difficult for anyone thinking of claiming ....."

Came across this thread on the subject, dating back to 2011. Puts it all in perspective I'd say .....!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...its-worth.html
Thanks subject2load. And no offence was taken, honestly. It's all good.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I was not really surprised by the denial but wanted to add a data point. I submitted a Best Price Claim last Monday as the flight I booked was cheaper on various websites. According to the T&C's, I should have received a reply within 72 hours. In reality it took over 120 hours (two full extra days) before I received a response. I expected the cheaper fare by then would not be available, and verifiable, any more. However as noted up thread it was the following condition that resulted in a denial: "The Third Party Fare must be available from a website of a company that is based in the same country of departure as the Purchased Fare. Check carefully in the "About Us" or "Contact Us" (or similar) page of the website to check that the company is based in the same country of departure."

Of course nowadays in the world of online commerce this is a nonsensical requirement. Major booking platforms have local sites for each individual country but indeed if you dig into the place of business of the parent company, only a few countries remain.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:53 pm

same here they keep asking for more time and ends almost a month
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:05 pm

Believe it or not, I actually managed to get a price match, saved aprox £450 however I submitted two websites, Expedia.co.uk and a UK based site. They didnt accept Expedia saying it is a US based site, depite showing it was Expedia.co.uk and actually I pinged them Expedia's uk address. The second site was a UK based site on contact us page, I basically took screenshots and pdf prints of the webpages and sent both. I did also record the webpages for referance with them and uploaded unlisted so I could track views, seems they did not review video clips but just the pdf attachments
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by suley
Believe it or not, I actually managed to get a price match, saved aprox £450 however I submitted two websites, Expedia.co.uk and a UK based site. They didnt accept Expedia saying it is a US based site, depite showing it was Expedia.co.uk and actually I pinged them Expedia's uk address. The second site was a UK based site on contact us page, I basically took screenshots and pdf prints of the webpages and sent both. I did also record the webpages for referance with them and uploaded unlisted so I could track views, seems they did not review video clips but just the pdf attachments
How long did this entire ordeal take?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:02 pm

Submitted Tuesday, was told it was approved following Monday, it is supposed to be 72 hours and I actually pinged them on Monday to follow on Social Media and was told it was approved earlier. I only decided to put up with the ordial as if I needed any changes or cancellations on flex ticket it would be easier with EK then a agent.

Out of intrest anyone know if there is a limit to how many times you can make a change on a flex ticket?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by suley
Submitted Tuesday, was told it was approved following Monday, it is supposed to be 72 hours and I actually pinged them on Monday to follow on Social Media and was told it was approved earlier. I only decided to put up with the ordial as if I needed any changes or cancellations on flex ticket it would be easier with EK then a agent.

Out of intrest anyone know if there is a limit to how many times you can make a change on a flex ticket?
Unlimited, as long as dates are within ticket validity. After 3 changes you need to call in as it needs to be reticketed manually - the website won't let you anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.